Bristol City away

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

This fixture has been changed at very short notice from Saturday to Good Friday.

This has caused a bit of a backlash from fans who have paid for train tickets, hotels etc. for the Saturday and now have to lose money, I must say it seems really unfair on the travelling fans.

I can understand it from a football point of view because we are playing on Easter Monday and it will give more to time recover but the clubs should have sorted this a long time ago not now when people have made arrangement.

What do others think? Has anyone on here had to change their plans?

Only in the sense that i've paid for magpie Player now. We're away for next week and I'd expected to be back just in time to listen to the Brizzie match on the radio. Now I've got to persuade the wife to leave me behind on friday pm when she takes the kids out!

@weymouthPIE take the microphone buddy, it's all yours! ;)

It should have been sorted well before, I don't think much blame (if any at all) can fall onto Notts. I have to say with being ill, I am quite ignorant to the reasons behind this but it cannot be because of the date alone surely? Also, my understanding is that both teams have to agree but it would seem very unsporting to reject it based on whatever reasons Bristol put forward to the Football League.

I've done enough ranting on facebook & twitter over this. Let's just say BCFC have recieved a very strongly worded email from me demanding an explanation as to why this decision has been made at such short notice.

As far as we're concerned, @weymuff can no longer attend due to work commitments and my mate who was going to tag along is also working, so I'll be going on my own. Luckily I had not already purchased train tickets.

It's disgracefull though. BCFC knew that this fixture was taking place on a Saturday in June, so why on earth have they waited 10 months to make the decision to move the game to a Friday 8 days in advance? As tony points out, a lot of people have booked train tickets and hotel rooms,all of which are non refundable. Some will also have brought match tickets and now won't be able to attend due to other commitments.

It's not as if Notts aren't guilty in all of this either. Both clubs will have had to agree to the change of date, so why did we agree? Other than fot an extra days rest, how hard would it have been for us to turn around and say actually we refuse. We have fans who have already made arrangments and we refuse to f**k them about like this.

A complete disregard for the supporters shown by both clubs.

It's a very bad decision to change a game after the tickets have gone on sale. I know several people who it has affected. When I first looked at the fixtures I thought it was odd we were playing on the Saturday and not Friday like most of the teams but I didn't expect a change so late in the day.

Supporter+

In my opinion it is indefensible, as @weymouthPIE says Notts are by no means innocent on this, they should have thought how it affected the fans and said no to the change. If there was an issue with playing two game in 3 days then it should have been addressed a long time ago as every other club seems to have done.

I think the least they can do now is lay on free buses or something to appease the fans who have been affected by this.

This fixture has been changed at very short notice from Saturday to Good Friday.

This has caused a bit of a backlash from fans who have paid for train tickets, hotels etc. for the Saturday and now have to lose money, I must say it seems really unfair on the travelling fans.

I can understand it from a football point of view because we are playing on Easter Monday and it will give more to time recover but the clubs should have sorted this a long time ago not now when people have made arrangement.

What do others think? Has anyone on here had to change their plans?

I think it is an inexcusable mistreatment of fans. I am disgusted at both clubs for this. The timing is as inconvenient as possible.

We WERE going in a party of 14, 6 adults and 8 kids. More than £200 of train tickets now valueless. Fortunately the hotel has refunded our money and we hadn't yet bought match tickets.

Probably won't go to another away game now.

What a stupid decision to alienate fans at such an important time. The one thing Notts need right now (apart from 3 points every match from here on in) is the fans behind them 110%

Not so now I feel as too many pissed off people.

Just found this on the club OS. Looks like my prediction of many pissed off fans is coming true!

Following Thursday’s announcement that Notts County’s away fixture with Bristol City has been brought forward to Good Friday 18 April, the club has released the following statement:

It was only when we had been approached by Bristol City on Thursday that Notts County’s board of directors met with the first team coaching staff to discuss the proposal for bringing our trip to Ashton Gate forwards by 24 hours.

With our fixture the only game left in Sky Bet League 1 to have not been moved to the Friday, it was suggested that this would leave both clubs at a disadvantage at such a crucial time of the season.

Presented with the opportunity to have an extra day’s rest ahead of another vital game, at home to Crawley Town on Easter Monday, the coaching staff were keen to agree to the move and the board accepted this proposal, although conscious of the impact that this may have on our supporters.

The club have already contacted every supporter who had booked a place on the official club coaches and confirmed their place on the rearranged service, which will now depart outside the club shop at 10:30am on Friday 18 April.

However, we appreciate that some supporters had made prior travel arrangements of their own, based around the fixture taking place on the Saturday and would ask these fans to contact the ticket office on 0115 9557 210 or via email at [email protected] to see if there is anything that the club can do to assist with organising alternative travel arrangements via the official supporters’ coaches at no extra cost.

Any supporter who has proof of purchase and documentation that supports their inability to obtain a refund or cost-free amendment to their travel booked prior to 2pm on Thursday 10 April, is asked to contact the Ticket Office.

Bristol City have also confirmed that supporters who have purchased match tickets will be able to claim a refund up until kick-off (3pm) on Friday 18 April. 

The club would, once again, like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to our supporters.

Read more at http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/bristol-city-away-trip-clarification-1482547.aspx#ZzhuCBbQz1yAsDvV.99

I'm working that day, and there's no way I can get the group of 6 adults and 8 kids together, and get someone to cover me at work. I haven't even asked the other adults if they're working that day either.

Contrasts a bit with last Easter when I led the same party to Borussia Monchengladbach vs. Greuther Furth. In Germany, the tickets were cheaper (even though it was the equivalent of 2 divisions higher), the club filmed us for TV, put on a match before the game for the kids to play some footy against German kids, served us beer and/or ice cream in our seats during the game and then sent us a huge hamper of Bratwurst which arrived when we got back to England. Note that Gladbach average over 50 000 so don't really need us there!

In England the football clubs think we're just a pile of sh*t, because ticket money is too small a proportion of their income.

I've decided to take the group to Hull KR vs. Hull FC on Thursday night instead. When I phoned them up to explain the late application for tickets, they were delighted to be asked, even though the game is virtually sold out. Result, free tickets to be picked up on the door at Craven Park. Why - they want new supporters, especially kids.

English professional football can go and f*ck itself for me.

Don't understand why the decision was left so late, poor from the Clubs & the League tbh. Fully understand your indignation.

It remains a pivotal game, a defeat would leave us still needing 5 or 6 points for safety IMO. A draw would be a decent and, just about, satisfactory result. We'd still need to beat Crawley and Swindon to be certain if safety.

I'm so annoyed about this I may well not renew our season tickets (3).

really? that would mean the club suffer. its the football league, they should reimburse fans or at least get an agreement of the railway companies to be understanding. 

I think it is an inexcusable mistreatment of fans. I am disgusted at both clubs for this. The timing is as inconvenient as possible.

We WERE going in a party of 14, 6 adults and 8 kids. More than £200 of train tickets now valueless. Fortunately the hotel has refunded our money and we hadn't yet bought match tickets.

Probably won't go to another away game now.

If you give British Rail a good reason for none usage (IE show them proof of the fixture change) and show them your unused tickets you will get a full refund.

If you give British Rail a good reason for none usage (IE show them proof of the fixture change) and show them your unused tickets you will get a full refund.

Ah good old BR - a public service. I'm sure they would have done, unfortunately Cross Country Trains (a private company) wouldn't. John Major - thanks for nothing.

It's 'our fault' for buying advance tickets!!

Pointing out that for a party of 14 full price returns is about 2.5 times the total cost of hiring our own train didn't cut any ice either...

Ah good old BR - a public service. I'm sure they would have done, unfortunately Cross Country Trains (a private company) wouldn't. John Major - thanks for nothing.

It's 'our fault' for buying advance tickets!!

Pointing out that for a party of 14 full price returns is about 2.5 times the total cost of hiring our own train didn't cut any ice either...

Here you go ivansneck, from their own website :-

http://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/customer-service/faqs/getting-a-refund

I've even found a phone number for you...........................0844 811 0124

Here you go ivansneck, from their own website :-

http://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/customer-service/faqs/getting-a-refund

I've even found a phone number for you...........................0844 811 0124

You're star - but it won't work. However, it's occurred to me that I might be able to claim on our travel insurance as the trip involved an overnight stay.

Supporter+

You're star - but it won't work. However, it's occurred to me that I might be able to claim on our travel insurance as the trip involved an overnight stay.

That might be worth a try as long as your excess isn't too much. I hope you get some form of refund, I am not surprised you are so annoyed a weeks notice is absolutely ridiculous.

Archived