Available players who you would like to see at Notts

Dripsey3

Supporter+

Matt Derbyshire has been released by that lot across the river. He'd score goals in League One. His wages might be an issue though. 

Ismael Miller. He went on loan at Yeovil and did well. Fell out with the manager and was sent back to that lot across the river. He will get offers from Championship clubs I guess, but he'd do very well for us. Again wages may be the stumbling block.....

Stephen Pearson. He was released by Bristol City yesterday. He missed 6 months due to an ankle injury, but is fit now. 31 years old, played for Celtic and Derby. He has a terrific attitude. He'd be an asset at any club. I think we could have a genuine shot at getting him if we wanted to. 

Ben Davies' contract will probably not be renewed by the Rams.He's been on loan at Shef U under Nigel Clough.He could still do a job for Notts.

Callum Ball has been released but I don't think he would a fan favourite to sign.

I'm going to wait before adding a proper comment.

I will say that Matt Derbyshire really does show signs of a player who's no longer a footballer, whether or not he would cut it for us in League One is a different questions and I accept it's fairly harsh to judge him by the Championship. However, I hope we sign players who are clearly lower Championship standard and or top League One Standard, I am unsure if he is.

Tudgay would be a decent signing.

Ismael Miller is a powerhouse and shows qualities of being a goal scorer, yet I don't get him. He looked the stuff for WBA but since, he's really halted. League One might help him?

Supporter+

Tommy Rowe has been released by Peterborough. He made 43 appearances and scored 9 goals. He was their captain. He's 25 years old. I'd like to see him in a Notts shirt. 

Tommy Rowe has been released by Peterborough. He made 43 appearances and scored 9 goals. He was their captain. He's 25 years old. I'd like to see him in a Notts shirt. 

I wonder why he's been released?

Supporter+

They released quite a few players. I'd imagine it's money related. They put a lot of money in this season to try and get promoted back to the Championship. The gamble didn't pay off. I doubt they have the resources to do the same this season. 

He was on big money, when he was at Stockport there was a lot of clubs after him, a lot of clubs bigger than Peterborough but they gave him the best package.

I said on another post i would live to see him at Notts, also one player I would love to see would be Andi Thanoj, i've been bleating on about him for ages but he really is that good  :thumbsup:

Supporter+

James Wesolowski hasnt signed a new contract for Oldham yet. He'd be a nice addition to our squad. He had a great season. Player Of The Year. 

Supporter+

Izzy McLeod has been released by MK Dons. He'd push for a first team place and would be a decent back up to Spencer and Murray. 

I'm going to wait before adding a proper comment.

I will say that Matt Derbyshire really does show signs of a player who's no longer a footballer, whether or not he would cut it for us in League One is a different questions and I accept it's fairly harsh to judge him by the Championship. However, I hope we sign players who are clearly lower Championship standard and or top League One Standard, I am unsure if he is.

Tudgay would be a decent signing.

Ismael Miller is a powerhouse and shows qualities of being a goal scorer, yet I don't get him. He looked the stuff for WBA but since, he's really halted. League One might help him?

I agree re Derbyshire & Tudgay but Miller is big time trouble, he's nothing more than a younger Marlon King but with far less ability, all it takes is one bad apple to upset the apple cart & he's as bad they come

I agree re Derbyshire & Tudgay but Miller is big time trouble, he's nothing more than a younger Marlon King but with far less ability, all it takes is one bad apple to upset the apple cart & he's as bad they come

I'm not really aware of his attitude problems, however I have heard that he can be unpredictable and bad tempered.

It's also a fair point which you made about bad apples, I don't think know is the time for SD to try and balance one of these types of players. I think if we ever managed a return to the championship, this is exactly the time of situation SD needs to be in full control. I am sure he could eventually guide players, though if he chooses to handle the harder variety I don't know.

I'm not really aware of his attitude problems, however I have heard that he can be unpredictable and bad tempered.

It's also a fair point which you made about bad apples, I don't think know is the time for SD to try and balance one of these types of players. I think if we ever managed a return to the championship, this is exactly the time of situation SD needs to be in full control. I am sure he could eventually guide players, though if he chooses to handle the harder variety I don't know.

He left West Brom under a cloud, he had more problems at Forest, Leicester pulled out of a deal due to finding out his problems, he left Yeovil in really bad circumstances, a problem at one club could be down to anything but the same problem all the time is down to the individual.

Just search ishmael miller attitude problems.

I agree with the latter statement, we don't need bad attitudes, look where that nearly got us last season...

Supporter+

Jonathan Forte released by Southampton. Would score goals at this level. Already proved that while on loan with us.

I know I dont get to see very often the players that you all get to see, but I thought Rowe sounded like he would be a great pickup. James Wesolowski, and Ben Davies. I dont know if any younger players in League Two really stood out, but I'd look into seeing if they can keep getting better in League One. 

And I'll be honest, I dont know the specifics on loans of younger players from the Prem down to League One. But I know I'd like to see Jordon Ibe down in League One. They tried him at Championship Level last year and just didnt excel enough to be given enough experience. I feel like he would get more starts at League One and excel in my mind.

Jonathan Forte released by Southampton. Would score goals at this level. Already proved that while on loan with us.

I don't get the hype re Forte tbh, he had one good loan spell / one good game for us and never really done anything else since for us or anyone else.

Paul Green would be an interesting move

I know I dont get to see very often the players that you all get to see, but I thought Rowe sounded like he would be a great pickup. James Wesolowski, and Ben Davies. I dont know if any younger players in League Two really stood out, but I'd look into seeing if they can keep getting better in League One. 

I'd have Ben Davies back in a heart beat, he's proved his worth whilst on loan to the Blades. James Wesolowski wouldn't be a bad signing either, within a good squad he'd have a lot to offer a side.

Personally, I think mixing experience with players who could make the grade, surrounded by our own youths is the way forward.

My concerns currently is we will end up chasing experience and players who have names/reputations. I wouldn't want us to attract players who might not give as much, although I trust Derry and Greg. I do have concerns that players might seem motivated at first but then phase out.

I don't get the hype re Forte tbh, he had one good loan spell / one good game for us and never really done anything else since for us or anyone else.

Paul Green would be an interesting move

Forte did alright all the games I saw him play, he held the ball up and made the most of a bad situation. He wouldn't be a bad signing, as I think all he needs is time to get used to playing regular and at this level it would suite him.

Paul Green would be an interesting move.

Yet we are quickly emerging ourselves with players again above 30+ years of age and I don't think too many can offer us much.

I see this Alan Smith thing is happening, that we lost JCR, and Tommy Rowe has gone to Bristol..........So Far I'm more happy with keeping Jimmy Spencer, but my approval so far is just a fair favorable. I also think JCR is a lost of experience and who seemed to work great towards the end and all for Derry. I understand his wages were a bit on the higher side, but is that just replaced with Alan's now?

Archived