Carbrini Shirts

Northants Pie

As Carbrini have now been announced as our new kit supplier I wonder what we are going to get this time, I don't mean from a colour point of view I mean from a quality point of view.

Last seasons & the season before that's kits quality were absolutely shocking, if you wore / washed them more than 10 times the stitching started to come away, the crappy iron on logos both split then break off which when you are charging £45 quid is beyond a joke for me. As an example i have the tartan kit form way back and that has been washed & worn more than both the other kits put together yet it is still in better condition.

Then to top it all off some guy at Notts comes out & praises the quality of the old kits supplied from JD Sports, he obviously has never worn one!!

Rant Over 

I was actually not impressed originally when Fila was announced, however the shirts I have feel better than any I have owned (I have a rather large collection). I agree the branding on the upper arms "Fila's Logo" peeled but not all my shirts, training tops or coat. It's only happened on a select few and I guess to be fair, it's actually pretty normal, at least for mine.

Yet I again I feel as I did with Fila but more so with Carbrini, yet I will wait to wear one before commenting.

I wonder if this was suggested to the board by Greg Abbott, Carlisle had them as their kit manufacturer. Generally from what shirts I've seen, they are very tacky and worse than Fila. A friend who supports Bournemouth doesn't like them, though growing up around @GrannyPie I know where quality is and isn't. I am somewhat fearful that the shirts will be like the first Nike one, where basically it felt extremely cheap.

I was actually not impressed originally when Fila was announced, however the shirts I have feel better than any I have owned (I have a rather large collection). I agree the branding on the upper arms "Fila's Logo" peeled but not all my shirts, training tops or coat. It's only happened on a select few and I guess to be fair, it's actually pretty normal, at least for mine.

Yet I again I feel as I did with Fila but more so with Carbrini, yet I will wait to wear one before commenting.

I wonder if this was suggested to the board by Greg Abbott, Carlisle had them as their kit manufacturer. Generally from what shirts I've seen, they are very tacky and worse than Fila. A friend who supports Bournemouth doesn't like them, though growing up around @GrannyPie I know where quality is and isn't. I am somewhat fearful that the shirts will be like the first Nike one, where basically it felt extremely cheap.

The thing for me more than anything else (and this doesn't just apply to Notts) is that it doesn't take a prolonged search of the internet to find out that these are produced for absolute peanuts and then we get spanked for them.

I'm not against anyone making any money but as you say with @GrannyPie quality is where I draw the line and being charged upwards of £40 for something that will be lucky to last 12 months really isn't very good in my book.

Another side of this is surely with our connection with JD Sports we can have our new kits ready for the last home game of the season? As I said on another post I was at Leeds v Derby on the last day of the season and this was the day that they released their new shirt, now I know they get far more support than we do but my god was their club shop busy, when we eventually got in after queuing for approx 20 mins so my mate could get a new shirt I spoke to a guy who worked in the club shop & he said that they have found that they sell more products (& more shirts) when they put their new shirts on sale on the last day of the season. I reckon this is due to people having more spare money when they attend the pre-season friendlies etc & still wanting to leave with 'something'.

Surely we should be doing this as we need as much money as we can get? Also what are your thoughts about if we only charged £35 for the shirts then that would put them into a price bracket much more affordable to everyone

This is a big wait and see for me. I don't often buy the new shirts. I've kept my Munto 'shelved' shirt for the novelty factor and I bought a bar code at the end of last season in the sale for me and the kids with names etc   on them so it needs to be special for me to buy another this year!!!

I agree that £40 is quite expressive, if it was to ever go any higher I wouldn't buy one (unless in a sale).

£35 would make a difference and they might sell stock much quicker, though it's children's shirts where they make the most profit. For me, they should be £20-£25 but they're sold for much more and I don't think it's very fair. I'm not speaking about Notts, football in general but if Notts could do attractive prices. Perhaps they would see more fans coming down, even if it was only a discount for the first 2 weeks of the kit coming out.

Supporter+

They make Crewe's kit I think. Cheap is the word most associated with them. Quality is a bit hit and miss.

They make Crewe's kit I think. Cheap is the word most associated with them. Quality is a bit hit and miss.

The training wear and jackets seem quite nice, simple but I haven't seen them in person.

They worked with Blackpool previous and that's the only shirt I recall be quality from this company, I know they've worked with Ross County, Bournemouth, Oldham, Rochdale and Carlisle.

Decent designs but I know fans of some of these who think they're very flimsy.

Archived