Our new captain is.......

Supporter+

..................Haydn Mullins.

Experienced player, good choice in my opinion.

What do you think?

Supporter+

Looking at what our rivals are doing, this looks like another season of struggle. Mullins is what you need in a situation like that. We need to strengthen the squad.

Looking at what our rivals are doing, this looks like another season of struggle. Mullins is what you need in a situation like that. We need to strengthen the squad.

I don't want to sound to negative about this, though I do want to share my views in a constructive way. I don't think now is the best time to announce the new captain, I think they should wait until we know our squad. I'd have been tempted to give it to Alan Smith, although again I am unsure how much he will be able to contribute. I wouldn't give it Bart, I don't like Keepers being captain and they need to be really special to pull it off (I don't want this to be taken like - Oh he thinks Barts Rubbish, I don't he's quality but to captain is another level and I agree with people who say he doesn't commend his area as good as he could).

Though that said, I realize he does more than others (because I actually hear it).

Really, I hope Mullins buckles down and does very well. We just want the best for the club :)

Supporter+

I don't want to sound to negative about this, though I do want to share my views in a constructive way. I don't think now is the best time to announce the new captain, I think they should wait until we know our squad. I'd have been tempted to give it to Alan Smith, although again I am unsure how much he will be able to contribute. I wouldn't give it Bart, I don't like Keepers being captain and they need to be really special to pull it off (I don't want this to be taken like - Oh he thinks Barts Rubbish, I don't he's quality but to captain is another level and I agree with people who say he doesn't commend his area as good as he could).

Though that said, I realize he does more than others (because I actually hear it).

Really, I hope Mullins buckles down and does very well. We just want the best for the club :)

I agree I think a captain should be an outfield player a goalkeeper just can't get the message across on the field the same as an outfield player can. Smith would have made a good captain but as you say he may not be playing that much and I am sure that Shaun took that into account.

I think the central pairing of HH and HM with HM as captain will pay off. They both looked assured and solid at the back and complimented each other well. HM as captain. Is a strong message from SD to say this is my dressing room and you will work for me or face my guys wrath.

I understand the hesitancy, but I hope they prove me right on this one. I love close season blind optimism!!!

Archived