Club Shop

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

I went in the shop after the game yesterday, I bought duvet cover as a present for my Grandson's birthday.

I was really disappointed by the shop assistant Lyn I think her name was she barely acknowledged me while she was talking to the other assistant, she took the item off me and scanned it, told me the price, took my card off me put it in the machine and continued chatting while I was putting my pin in etc. then gave me my receipt without so much as a thank you or goodbye or anything.

What happened to good manners and customer service?

Could it be because it was busy?

Usually I don't hear a thank you, not even after purchasing my families kits but the staff are polite. Pete Lawson (Lynn's Husband) does a great job and he's really polite, good with children too. I don't really expect to hear "thank you" anywhere these days, although it's nice when you do. You feel valued :)

I don't know and I wouldn't like to comment any further.

Supporter+

That's a shame, i've heard positive stuff about her.

Perhaps give the club a tinkle, never be afraid tell people how you feel. It could make a difference in the future

Happy birthday George? :)

He will be six soon.

Could it be because it was busy?

Usually I don't hear a thank you, not even after purchasing my families kits but the staff are polite. Pete Lawson (Lynn's Husband) does a great job and he's really polite, good with children too. I don't really expect to hear "thank you" anywhere these days, although it's nice when you do. You feel valued :)

I don't know and I wouldn't like to comment any further.

It wasn't busy at all, in fact I was one of two people in the shop. Perhaps I caught her on a bad day but I wasn't impressed at all.

I always make a point of saying thank you in shops and goodbye but she totally ignored me and carried on chatting. Maybe I am just old fashioned. I do go in some shops and the assistants are very polite and friendly but some leave a lot to be desired, I guess it's all down to training.

I think it's a sign of the times @tonyhateley.We're  off to the near east(Skeg)on  Saturday and I've noticed a deterioration in the service we get ,When we went  there when William was a few weeks old the staff in pubs etc couldn't have been more helpful.Over the last 4/5 years particularly, I've notced a fall in customer service.This doesn't just apply to Skeg.The standards of manners seem to be falling everywhere or have I just turned into a grumpy old git?(left myself open to comments there)It costs nowt to thank anyone who holds a door open or lets you go first.Please don't get me started about when I'm pushing @GrannyPie in her wheelchair .Some people are just too ignorant for words.Rant over!

Supporter+

I think you are right up to a point @super_ram, standards have slipped in some places over the last few years but in other places I think they have got better, I think some companies pride themselves on training their staff in customer relations more now than they have done in the past.

We went to Lidl this morning and the checkout guy couldn't have been more friendly, I noticed he said good morning to each customer and asked how they were, had a little chat as he scanned the shopping and said thank you and goodbye when they went. It's probably down to characters sometimes too, some people are naturally more friendly than others and don't need training.

Going back to Lyn in the club shop, it was really noticeable how uninterested she was that she had a customer, I don't think she even looked at me let alone spoke, I'm not particularly bothered because I just got what I wanted and paid but it's a shame that it gives the wrong impression for visitors to what otherwise is a very friendly club. As I say I just probably caught her at the wrong time or something I know she does a great job with lifeline etc., so perhaps I shouldn't be too critical.

Best wishes to George on his sixth birthday.I still think of that lovely picture of him looking in wonder at that insect when you were on holiday last year. :clapping::birthday:

Archived