2014/2015 Weak Links

lambleypie

Is anyone else having trouble spotting weak links within the 2014/2015 squad?

At the start of the season it looked destined to be the midfield, Smith, Thompson and Jones all looking like candidates for the blame game. To some degree, the same could be said for Harrad.

Last but not forgetting striker Danny Haynes, he is the only one bar our youngsters.

It will be a tough call for Derry to trim this squad come the end of the season.

This the sign that's most encouraging this season. Everyone seems to be pulling their weight and if for any reason they have an off day, then they seem to bounce back well.

Sign of a good team that.

In fact it's normally a sign of a promotion team!!!

i think we have a few players have no settled or offered much but i am more than willing to give them time. for example that keane lad, he does not look the best footballer but he may improve. i think haynes will never offer us anything, its sad but true.

the overall bulk of the squad are made up of works, which is positive.

Vastly different huh?

I think we all try to have a positive look at the squad, you would have to be a different fan (putting it politely) not to. The squad didn't feel me with confidence at the start of the season, it looked weak but then again I thought we had a really good squad last year! The difference is witty, it shows how much trust and respect plays apart of management. It also shows what a great job Greg and Shaun are doing!

Personally I would love to see Haynes settle with us but he just hasn't and he's a clear candidate.

That said, I always wish him well and I do back him. Just ask any of the people I attend games, in fact one of my friends Drew (he is a member here but doesn't post) is always telling me I am wrong about him. I think he's starting to be right, not that I will admit it.

Lastly youngsters will always be released, they'll make way for newer youngsters and sadly if some don't cut it this year. I think it will be their final season playing for us.I

I hope Waite, Dixon, Thompson and Tempest make it (I feel I am missing one).

Minus the odd few, not even a complete handful in fact we dont have any.

The point I would like to make is, out of all the players released last year. None of them we miss, none would make much of a difference and I have heard Jamal mentioned a few times but he would not.

Balmy is the other one who had a great pre-season, but now sits way behind all the loans we have.

I'll admit to focusing on the current first 11 when I gave my glowing opinion.

As others have said, the youngsters such as Waite, Dixon and Tempest don't seem ready to make the jump. Thompson seems a better bet for the future.

I think we need to know where we finish at the end of the season before trimming the squad.

A team near the top has a better chance of attracting better players. 

Bart, Ben Davis, Judge Bishop, all left because they felt they should be playing at a higher level. ( and maybe more money) They failed to make the first team or have dropped down a division!!  

The important thing is to back who ever gets picked, get behind them not on their backs. 

I think we need to know where we finish at the end of the season before trimming the squad.

A team near the top has a better chance of attracting better players. 

Bart, Ben Davis, Judge Bishop, all left because they felt they should be playing at a higher level. ( and maybe more money) They failed to make the first team or have dropped down a division!!  

The important thing is to back who ever gets picked, get behind them not on their backs. 

This is a good valid point.

However I do suspect that ga and sd are making notes, some are nowhere near the first team and if we had this close knit squad you would expect to see them. I do feel some should be given a chance, the youngsters need time to learn.

I would hope any movement is based on what they offer, rather than what we pay.

Archived