Stuart Pearce yet to decide if McLaughlin's future

cheeky~k8

Stuart Pearce yet to decide if Stephen McLaughlin's Notts County loan will be extended

football-tottenham-v-nottingham-forest-sNottingham Forest manager Stuart Pearce has yet to decide whether Stephen McLaughlin's loan spell at Notts County will be extended.

The winger's month-long stint across the River Trent is set to end after the Magpies' Sky Bet League One fixture against Walsall at Meadow Lane on Saturday.

McLaughlin has made a big impact at Notts, making five league starts, as Shaun Derry's side have climbed up to third in the table. The 24-year-old also scored in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy win at Scunthorpe this month.

Pearce said: "We will have a look at it and, if we feel that Steve can come back in and add to the squad, we will bring him back, if that is the proper thing to do.

"If we feel as though his experience, at this moment in his career, is best suited by playing at Notts County, we will make that decision. We will decide that over the weekend."

This is about Nottingham Forest but involves Stephen McLaughlin.

"If we feel as though his experience, at this moment in his career, is best suited by playing at Notts County, we will make that decision. We will decide that over the weekend."

That isn't half a strange way of putting it, it suggests to me that Stuart Pearce has already decided his fate. Why? He uses the word "experience" and before that "if we feel". Now he's producing his best from and play for any English club and to me that suggests a lot of benefits for him to remain here. At this moment in time - Stephen McLaughlin doesn't know where he stands, so he needs to make the decision based on if he see's him as a part of the first team or as a substitute.

It would be very wasteful for them to not allow him to get any game time at all.

Overall I think he's wavering whether or not he is needed. I personally don't see Forest using him, they have other options but as I say it seems like Pearce has already decided he's just playing it safe until he knows for sure.

Perhaps waiting on a injury update?

I don't see what they have to think about.... Play at Notts in a side on form, playing attacking style using wingers, or, back to them and visit the nurse to have the splinters removed....

One way he gains experience, the other he has an experience

A forest friend of mine who talks to one of their directors told me earlier via a text that Stephen would be coming back. Supposedly it will be agreed after this weekend when Pearce reflects on how they do, it wont be for a month if true.

It sounds like it will be the same as the other lads deal.

I hope we do keep him, he is a talented player who will shine at this level even more than he already does. 3 months suites me fine if true!

Supporter+

A forest friend of mine who talks to one of their directors told me earlier via a text that Stephen would be coming back. Supposedly it will be agreed after this weekend when Pearce reflects on how they do, it wont be for a month if true.

It sounds like it will be the same as the other lads deal.

I hope we do keep him, he is a talented player who will shine at this level even more than he already does. 3 months suites me fine if true!

Let's hope your friend is right. I'd love to have him back for 3 months.

That would put an end to extending for the season, I think.

I'd prefer him to stay but I would like to see one of the three wingers remain for the full season, this player being my preferred player. When I was pitch side taking pictures, he looked great going forward and his tricks was impressive.

Supporter+

Let's just say Stephen will be with us into the new year......you heard it here first.......

Supporter+

Let's just say Stephen will be with us into the new year......you heard it here first.......

Ooohh, we've got a sauce. :biggrin:

Supporter+

Ooohh, we've got a sauce. :biggrin:

Think Watergate and you get the idea..........

For our younger members, look up Watergate in Google...

Tony will remember it well......rumour has it that Tony remembers the Boer War  :lol:

Supporter+

Think Watergate and you get the idea..........

For our younger members, look up Watergate in Google...

Tony will remember it well......rumour has it that Tony remembers the Boer War  :lol:

I don't know about the Boer War but I've seen many a bore draw at Meadow Lane. :angel:

Supporter+

@tonyhateley hang on lad, didn't you date Florence Nightingale once upon a day

Very possibly @PTID1862, I remember dating Eve but don't tell Adam. :joker:

Archived