SD manager of the month?

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

Shaun has be nominated for Octobers manager of the month after winning 4 games.

Good luck to Shaun it would be a well deserved award.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should factor in more than wins.

It's like player of the month, it's always strikers or midfielders who score goals. It's never a midfielder who assists or defends, it's never a defender he does his job and it's never a goalkeeper who keeps clean sheets or manages to aspire victories. The principle applies to managers, it goes to the popular choice and never who really deserves it.

Personally I think Derry deserves it more than Grayson.

Derry's turn around is amazing, Grayson is gifted a good budget and squad. You would expect Preston to be doing well, nobody expected our run.

I agree, Shaun should win it over Grayson because his budget will be miles ahead of ours but we've managed to get the same results with I think more goals. Bet Grayson will get it though lol hope not

My thoughts exactly. Both good managers, but different situations. They will go with Grayson I should expect.

We have already lost since October, so it wouldn't even give Shaun the dreaded "Manager of the Month Curse" would it?

is there really a curse? i think its more of a saying.

i think he deserves it, every notts fan will say the same but i do believe hes done above all the other nominations. good luck to him!

is there really a curse? i think its more of a saying.

i think he deserves it, every notts fan will say the same but i do believe hes done above all the other nominations. good luck to him!

Even Jose Mourinho fears the curse :rofl:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/523972/Chelsea-s-Jose-Mourinho-fears-Manager-of-the-Month-curse

I think statistically it is a bit of a myth, looking around on google, but I still like it.

It would be great if he won, not only because of beating the "bigger named manager, at the bigger club" but because it would be his first ever award as a manager.

Recognition of the improvement he (and GA) have made to the playing side of this club. I want him to do well and win things with Notts, let this start with Manager of the Month October 2014

It would be great if he won, not only because of beating the "bigger named manager, at the bigger club" but because it would be his first ever award as a manager.

Recognition of the improvement he (and GA) have made to the playing side of this club. I want him to do well and win things with Notts, let this start with Manager of the Month October 2014

I agree but it is exactly what frustrates me about football awards.

Bigger names, bigger clubs are always favoured and I think it shouldn't be like that. Derry's achieved his first award as a manager, he won the Nottingham Posts Manager of the Year or coach. I'm not exactly sure because I have seen 3 different names but he won that.

It would be nice to have his first league award under his belt though.

Archived