Notts County keen for Forest defender to return

liampie

Louis Laing: Notts County keen for Forest defender to return

_79674100_pa-20964551(2).jpg Assistant manager Greg Abbott says Notts County would be "daft" not to try to re-sign Nottingham Forest defender Louis Laing on loan in January.

Laing's emergency loan stay at Meadow Lane can not be extended beyond Saturday's match against Swindon Town.

The League One side have not lost a match in which the 21-year-old former Sunderland man has featured in since September, winning seven of 11 games.

"Louis has been terrific for us," Abbott told BBC Radio Nottingham.

"If you are looking forward, and are trying to move the club forward, the younger ones are the ones we like to get in.

"He has to go back because his loan is up and he will talk to [Forest manager Stuart Pearce], who will tell him what his plans are for him."

Meanwhile, Magpies captain Hayden Mullins is close to returning to action, having only managed to play 37 minutes since 2 September.

"His problem is going to be how well the young players have done and getting him into the team," said Abbott.

"His experience, nous and quality makes it fantastic for us that he will be available over a really busy challenging period."

just noticed @notts-joe refer to this, so i thought i would put it up.

i hope we can sign him up again, i do not see the point in him not featuring or sitting on the bench. i also heard that hobbs is close to returning, with that in mind i dont see him getting ahead of the established and experienced players.

get him back! what about you?

I think we stand a very good chance of getting him back for the remainder of the season.

I don't see them using him regularly, though he may get a chance. My main concern is if Stuart Pearce doesn't continue to float, that said I don't expect him to get the sack. I think he will last the rest of the season, then who knows? With Stuart Pearce in charge we have a good chance of getting him back, we clearly have use for him and he's established a good partnership + understanding at the back.

Mullins can do a job which helps but I would prefer our Louie, Louie back. ;)

Supporter+

I'd love to have him back, he has been fantastic for us.

Would love to see him again in the black and white. I'm not a big an of Hollis, but it can only be good for Haydn playing with another guy a similar age to him with more ability. Either that or get Mullins fit again pronto. No offence Edwards, you sir are a loyal servant, but not a league one defender any more. Your experience and craftiness make up for pace etc...but we will get caught out.

Mullins is a very good player but better in midfield for me, its where he can take his time and pick out passes.

Good in defence but pace is not his friend, Laing is the better player at the back and I would prefer him there. I am hopeful we can get him back, lets hope our neighbours are nice enough to see the sense in it.

When can he sign? On Radio Red it sounded like we have to wait until Jan now, presumably concurrent loan spells are not allowed for some reason. Season long loans are ok for Prem Clubs. Did we just get him for a fixed 3 months?

He can't be signed until January because of the nature of the emergency loan.

All the days permitted have be used.

We and Forest have to wait for it to clear, though I think there's a chance Forest might keep him due to their new found limitations.

Archived