Lacking a cutting edge

PTID1862

Notts lack the cutting edge... says the Gaffer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30515383

How we need goals, the table though has us just about the right place ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/table

there is only Sheffield United above us with a worse goal difference and nobody below us with a better one....

This doesn't always correlate, but if this season, as the table suggests that league position and goal difference is linked...

Then we need creativity and goals in January, thank heavens SD has money.

thoughts?

I think it's alarming how fans have gone from not wanting Evans near the club but now would consider it.

I'd never get desperate enough to take him on, it would question my faith in Notts (being honest) - Yet we do need a goal scorer, I think the club should attempt to connect with feeder teams, I am sure there are others playing reserve team football who'd enjoy playing in this division. I don't think we would sign anyone who could bang 15 goals + without us paying good money (which we have little of).

Fingers crossed for a kind and active January but no matter what, bar Chad Evans we will be fine.

I think it's alarming how fans have gone from not wanting Evans near the club but now would consider it.

I'd never get desperate enough to take him on, it would question my faith in Notts (being honest) - Yet we do need a goal scorer, I think the club should attempt to connect with feeder teams, I am sure there are others playing reserve team football who'd enjoy playing in this division. I don't think we would sign anyone who could bang 15 goals + without us paying good money (which we have little of).

Fingers crossed for a kind and active January but no matter what, bar Chad Evans we will be fine.

100% agreed.

I think its time to clear the loans out and start again. Laing if he comes back fair enough, but Mclaughlin, Petrasso and Cassidy are all far too off form to warrant playing them, especially when they are so out of form.

Off load Haynes so they know where they stand financially and go for it with a striker who still has something to prove. An older player still capable of destroying teams who can score a hatfull in this league.

Be a shame to let the start go to waste. Might as well push on and go for it.

Of course this all counts on SD being willing to going two up front.

I wonder where SD would lay the blame for this lack of cutting edge?

Jake Cassidy is never going to be the answer, ever.

I for one don't understand why we can't get anyone in the Jimmy Spencer role to allow Ronan Murray to score the goals he did again, going back to Jake Cassidy he couldn't head a bus queue, 6ft whatever standing still and 5ft 5in when he jumps.

I wonder where SD would lay the blame for this lack of cutting edge?

Jake Cassidy is never going to be the answer, ever.

I for one don't understand why we can't get anyone in the Jimmy Spencer role to allow Ronan Murray to score the goals he did again, going back to Jake Cassidy he couldn't head a bus queue, 6ft whatever standing still and 5ft 5in when he jumps.

If Cassidy carries on like this i'll b chanting for bringing back Enoch the goal machine.

looking forward to the transfer window.

So am I.It will be interesting to see what SD and Steve Mac do

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AnySharp-Global-Worlds-Sharpener-Classic/dp/B001DXVL6K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418922860&sr=8-1&keywords=knife+sharpener - Problem Sorted!

I would certainly agree though.  We need some change up front to give us that edge.  Initially Thompson looked like he was going to fit the bill, but it takes more than just one person stepping up to the plate to score goals!

i actually think cassidy could work if we played two strikers and he had got used to that, he was looking ok before his injury but i agree hes going to require further work which we could get someone else in who is ready.

he is never a player who could hold the front on his own.

Archived