Kyle Dixon Departs Notts County

cheeky~k8

Kyle Dixon Departs Notts County

dixon-64080-1967136_478x359.jpg

Notts County have agreed to terminate the contract of young midfielder Kyle Dixon.

Dixon, who came through the youth ranks at Meadow Lane, signed a new contract with the club last summer but suffered an ankle injury in pre-season that limited his involvement in the first team early on in the campaign.

On his return to fitness the 20-year-old headed out on loan to Boston United, where he caught the eye with some impressive displays for the Vanarama Conference North side.

Dixon will now be free to sign for another club after returning from a loan spell with AFC Telford and terminating his deal with Notts, which was due to expire at the end of the season.

Read more here

We discussed something similar in this thread previously, but its a shame what happened caused his contract to be terminated.

I will say it, it's a shame but it seems to be related to him wanting to return back to Notts after failing to make it within the Telford starting lineup within two weeks.

It's a shame because I do feel he could have proved himself, yet again I'm not surprised. I just wonder if the Telford manager thinks differently to his decision? I suppose the same can be said for Kyle but I am certain he will be able to find another club. I wonder if Mansfield will now gamble on him? @Dan do you guys need a defender or a young midfielder? Would you take him on?

Good Luck Kyle.

No surprise really and if he finds a club good luck to him. One of the better youngsters to come through but lightweight.

He shown a lot of passion and could get around more physical players, that said I am not surprised by the decision. It always seemed to be on the cards at some stage, if not at the end of this year he might have gone the year after.

Goodluck Kyle!

After the issue with him last week it's no surprise really. Shame, but I could never see him playing for us regularly so for the sake of his career, he needs games and a fresh start. Good luck for the future and I hope it works out well for you. Just use this as a lesson learnt!

My personal opinion on this is likely that his agent has stirred things... not getting time here, I want, I want to get him in the shop window, that way the agent gets a fee....

SD has quite rightly IMO taken this approach...

Good luck to him, but I think it is another case of a young player being too heavily influenced by an agent out for a fee....

KD staying at notts, helped the agent not one jot...

Well Kyle doesn't seem to be overly disheartened, I am actually pleased to see his response and if he keeps his confidence/self belief high he will make the grade. You learn more from playing, so if this allows him to do that it's not the end of the world.

It will just most likely come back and haunt us at Notts in the future. :P

Personally I'm disappointed as he was supposed to be one of our better youngsters. If only he hadn't injured his ankle in pre season, things might have been different! I'm not sure what went on at Telford but Kyle has always come across as a polite decent young pro. Hope we don't regret releasing him. Generally I feel we let too many players leave the club without a return. We need to bring a player through the ranks and sell on for big money one day!

Archived