A Leyton Orient player is on 20k a week!

I'm not sure how true it is, but 20k a week! I imagine Notts' starting line-up earns something close to that! 

Ridiculous wages, and just goes to show you can't buy a league. Having money for a team is a start, but throwing money like sh** at a wall will get you nowhere. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2941681/Cristiano-Ronaldo-filthy-rich-hungry-success.html

I can't justify it, I actually think it's insane.

Yet some clubs will go down the route of having somebody special, even at 20k that seems steep. I don't think I would pay that much attention if it was just 8k, I am sure plenty within this league are on that. The thing I do find concerning is at some stage I see 20k being 'normal' for this division. If prices of wages go up in the Premiership as they're, then the Championship will follow and supporters money will end up being vacuum up.

Perhaps their should be a wage cap per player?

I'm not sure how true it is, but 20k a week! I imagine Notts' starting line-up earns something close to that! 

Ridiculous wages, and just goes to show you can't buy a league. Having money for a team is a start, but throwing money like sh** at a wall will get you nowhere. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2941681/Cristiano-Ronaldo-filthy-rich-hungry-success.html

your kidding right? 20k? league one.

i think @notts-joe makes a point about the way football is going, this is madness.

Archived