Jim Rodwell gone.

pokerpie

Supporter+

Well that's interesting, did he jump or was he pushed?

Nothing on the official site yet but Radio Nottingham are reporting it.

Well that's interesting, did he jump or was he pushed?

Nothing on the official site yet but Radio Nottingham are reporting it.

I am suspecting it is part of the reason damian irvine has done a u turn.

Supporter+

Rats and sinking ships spring to mind. :rolleyes:

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/jim-rodwell-notts-county-scunthorpe-united-2338023.aspx

Notts County Chief Executive Officer James Rodwell is leaving the club to take up a similar role with fellow Sky Bet League 1 side Scunthorpe United.

Rodwell, who took up his position at Meadow Lane as part of the takeover deal that saw Chairman Ray Trew take control of Notts County back in February 2010, officially leaves his position on Wednesday 18 March and admitted that it was difficult to leave a club that has played such a big part in his life for the past five years.

“It’s been a tough decision for me to make to bring an end to my time with Notts County, because I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time with the club and have had the pleasure of working with some really talented people who really have moved the club forwards over the past five years,†Rodwell explained.

“It’s not always evident how much progress has been made, but having been at the core of the club for that time, I can assure all Magpies fans  that Notts County is in very good hands in Ray and Aileen Trew and can only be better placed for the future on the back of the work and investment that they have put in during my time here.

“After the Munto fiasco the Club really was in a dark place and without the considerable investment of the Trews I don’t believe we would have had a Notts County today .â€

“The challenge that I have been offered at Scunthorpe United though was one I simply couldn’t turn down, with the opportunity to help realise the construction of a new state-of-the-art stadium and training facility, these opportunities don’t come along too often and when they do you have to grab them, so I am very much looking forward to the next chapter in my career.

“I would like to thank the Chairman Ray and my fellow Director Aileen for their support and belief in me over the past five years and to wish them and everyone associated with Notts County Football Club the very best for the future.â€

Notts Chairman Ray Trew said of Rodwell’s departure: “Notts County owe a debt of gratitude to Jim Rodwell for the work that he has done during his time at Meadow Lane.

“He’s been the one who has had to make, at times, unpopular decisions, to move the club towards a more stable financial position and to ensure that we not only maintain our place in League 1 but also plan for the future and a push for promotion out of the division.

“I would like to personally thank Jim for his efforts and to say that he will be missed both as a CEO and as a person around Meadow Lane because he is a larger than life character and has always added an element of occasion to any event that we have staged here at the club, whether that be a matchday or a fans’ forum,†he added.

“Jim leaves with our thanks and very best wishes for his future career, we are sure that he will rise to the challenges facing him at Scunthorpe United and look forward to welcoming him back to Meadow Lane later this month and next season.â€

Read more at http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/jim-rodwell-notts-county-scunthorpe-united-2338023.aspx#k3iVqIjrXb6x0yff.99

My own experience of being involved in meetings and discussions with Jim Rodwell is that he is articulate, bright and has a shrewd knowledge and insight into football administration. I may be a lone voice but I believe he has been a helpful and positive influence at the Club and he will be missed.

Good luck to him.

i have never understood the blame rodwell game, i do not know him and have never spoke to anyone in high roles at the club but i do feel sorry for him. i hope whoever comes in has broad shoulders!

Yes,can anyone please enlighten me?

Does anyone else think this could lead to other news? Other news of people departing the club?

Personally I think this will be good for the club, we can move forward but I do question what it leaves us behind and who might come to replace him.

Yes I think there's something going on behind the scenes and I'm not sure how big it's going to be!!

Supporter+

Yes,can anyone please enlighten me?

I think people rightly or wrongly blame Rodwell for the succession of failures in the management position.

Does anyone else think this could lead to other news? Other news of people departing the club?

Personally I think this will be good for the club, we can move forward but I do question what it leaves us behind and who might come to replace him.

Yes I think there's something going on behind the scenes and I'm not sure how big it's going to be!!

Rodwell,SD & GA,who and what next ?

Archived