if you were D Irvine...

Feral Fox

Rumours at the beginning of the week had him down as working notice as his contract was too expensive. Come mid-week he seems to be staying. Straight after that Rodders leave for other opportunities.

One school of thought is that Irvine has been asked to take on more responsibility. Maybe even step into Rodders shoes. If you were him, would you do it?

Would you ask for money above what you were getting before even if the club may have been thinking that was too much?

Would you say yes and keep the pay as before and just be happy with the new job?

Do you think he'll make a good CEO f he does indeed step into that role?

Supporter+

I would take the job on the same money as I was, if I did a reasonable job I would ask for more later.

To be honest I don't know him well enough to know whether he would make a good CEO, does he know enough about football, running a club, transfers, negotiating with agents etc., etc.

Did Rodwell know how to run a football club? Nobody can answer that really.

I think Damiam would make a good CEO and if he isn't qualified, I am sure he would be able to learn. I think running the club should be fully down to the manager, at least in terms of contracts, transfers. The above should only outline the budget and make sure they're not going over!

I would imagine he is qualified due to his roles in Australia, I personally think he would be a proper breath of fresh air, just look at the change in the commercial side, also given what happened in the club he was charge of in Australia he certainly has the balls to make decisions that are vastly unpopular but in the best interests of the club.

He has my vote definitely.

As an HR Director with almost 40 years experience I find it hard to start assessing candidates for a senior exec role - CEO - via the Internet and social media.

I would hope that a more rigorous examination of his credentials, assessment of his competencies and a proper process of selection takes place before we appoint anyone else!

I would hope he sees sense and runs whilst he can. Asking someone to leave their home land to turn the fortunes around of a lowly league one team and who does above the expectations of the fans, plus possibly the board. Only to be told your contract will be renewed, well I would get out asap.

That is actually really bad to think a club like ours could do it.

Archived