Budget for the Ladies Team

Dripsey3

Supporter+

Does anyone know what the budget for the Ladies Team is? What are the wages etc. I'm curious to know how much it costs to run a team at the top level of the women's game. This is bound to have a knock on effect on the budget for the rest of the club as resources are finite.

No idea, though I am aware the ladies don't remotely earn anywhere near a senior first team player.

You can be a professional earning £250 a week, within a month that's £1,000 and I'm just guessing but I would be surprised if a lady player has broken the £2,000/£3,000 barrier. The season tickets are cheap and everything is right about it, the mens game could learn a lot.

I really don't believe the budgets conflict, they will be using their own resources.

Supporter+

So that's 12K a year. Say there are 20 players in a squad. That's 240K a year in wages, not including the staff. On top of that there are other costs. I doubt what they bring in covers what goes out. The numbers don't support this. It wouldn't worry the bigger clubs like Arsenal or Man City but is bound to have an effect on a club like ours from an overall point of view. There's little doubt that we would have more money in the kitty if the women's team weren't around. I know it is a moot point because they are around but it's worth noting I think.

No idea, though I am aware the ladies don't remotely earn anywhere near a senior first team player.

You can be a professional earning £250 a week, within a month that's £1,000 and I'm just guessing be I would be surprised if a lady player has broken the £2,000/£3,000 barrier. The season tickets are cheap and everything is right about it, the mens game could learn a lot.

I really don't believe the budgets conflict, they will be using their own resources.

If some of our male players are getting £2000 a week I'd want to know why on current form.

So that's 12K a year. Say there are 20 players in a squad. That's 240K a year in wages, not including the staff. On top of that there are other costs. I doubt what they bring in covers what goes out. The numbers don't support this. It wouldn't worry the bigger clubs like Arsenal or Man City but is bound to have an effect on a club like ours from an overall point of view. There's little doubt that we would have more money in the kitty if the women's team weren't around. I know it is a moot point because they are around but it's worth noting I think.

There's only one person who can really answer this.

Don't forget merchandise, sponsorship and all the usual things. I suspect the majority of lady players are on reasonable salaries and that wouldn't remotely go near 240k IMO.

Perhaps something to find out?

Supporter+

Do you seriously believe Notts would focus on the ladies? I would bet home there's much more money involved in the men's game, making it practical to spend wisely rather than funding an alternative outlet.

The Ladies team are playing in the top tier of the women's game, the men are not. The Ladies team have a chance to win the league and compete in the Champions League. It makes sense that Notts invest so that this is at least a possibility. 5 of the teams in the league are affiliated to clubs in the men's Premier League (4 of which are in and around the top 4 every season). They would have access to serious resources. Competing with them takes hard cash.

The men's team are unlikely to reach the top tier or even the second tier under Mr Trew. This is not disrespecting Mr Trew in any way. The reality is he is not made of money.

Archived