Moniz

Countyman

I barely visit the official site at the moment, so I missed this. I assumed the Post had just made it 'open' for the fans to read, hopefully what's said is taken on board but fans will still say 'actions speak louder than words'. I am afraid, no matter how much support a club or manager has, it takes a lot for these types of situations to have everyone geared to the same goals.

Hopefully a good attendance on Saturday will measure in a decent amount of vocal support.

I lost my voice in the last game against Preston, roll on Doncaster! COYP!

This is a good move publishing it in the post (by the Post!), because in my humble opinion, the PR from the club over the past few weeks has been tragic.

I know we've been here before with the great escape and I know it is difficult to keep people interested, but surely something could have been done?

How much does it cost to design a 'come and support the lads' poster and stick it up on billboards around the city?

Surely a reduction in entrance fee should be applied to Saturday with not only it being the last home match of the season, it is vital for the club we win. It was obvious when the crowd backed them on Tuesday so it is common sense to encourage as many to do the same on Saturday.

Even a gimmick of some sort to get the crowd through the gates would be worth it. Maybe tie it to the Jack and Jimmy Fund? For every person through the gate the club will donate a pound? High marketing for it is a win/win for the fund and the club on the last day of the season.

Very frustrating that the club hasn't done anything and the fans are left to make the decision to go or not. The decision should have been made for them by the club!

Fans will come on board, we will lose and its the same old.

I judge the players more so than the manager, as a result I am not interested in what he has to say. I am only interest in his actions to be perfectly frank, I am tired of managers thinking a crying plea changes what we see week in and out on the field. Fix that by installing some hope and pride, then theres very little need for pleading for support. It just feels extremely forced and fake if you ask me.

He's obviously trying to drum up support and get everyone behind us. Like the dwarf says, that the club hasn't backed him up by doing some kind of promotion for the last two games is bordering on negligent. We needed a big crowd and atmopshere behind the boys on Saturday. Remember the original great escape against Huddersfield with 15,000 in the ground? Billy Deardon wanted to make Meadow Lane a fortress and the club backed him. But this time it'll be the usual disillusioned 5,000.

@theMagpies, whatever Moniz does over the next week, he'll be hamstrung by Derry's awful squad. You can play with as much pride as you like (and from what I've seen, effort isn't the problem), if you present the opposition with two goals on a silver platter every week you've had it. SD didn't seem to realise that you've got to build from the back. Then you can at least scrape results if the rest of the team is crap. All we can do now is pack the ground, cheer on the team and hope for the best, but the club is seemingly more interested in charging the full 24 quid and playing out the season in front of a three-quarters-empty ground.

Well I don't care if its a PR stunt or not, its obviously designed to encourage support and I hope fans get behind these last two games. The football this season has been dire, there is no excuse for that but we still stand a very slim chance of escaping and I think Moniz could be the man to reshape our misfortunes.

hopefully moniz will build a solid squad next season no matter what, he has my support and that came when he was taken on as the new manager of notts county. his rallying call seems to have gone down quite well, i was expecting negativity of facebook and to a lot on twitter.

Supporter+

As has been said the club should definitely have done some kind of offer for this game and I'm disappointed they didn't, we need a big crowd to cheer the team.

Archived