Gillingham vs Notts County

Chris

Here we are, it's the final game and I really can't believe how quickly time has flown by.

The start of the season was brilliant, even now I am pleased it wasn't 'dull' despite hoping that next year we just focus on improving from here. If we stay up great! If we go down, let's really get behind the club and attempt to move forward together.

Gillingham are the team I felt we had a good chance winning (under Derry). I felt Yeovil and Crawley would also be games we picked up the maxium amount of points. However, I think Moniz will instil some spirit into the lads to go out and perform well. I want to see us win convincingly, I can't handle another Oldham game like we had last season.

They will be up for it no doubt but it's up for us to turn that around and end the season on a positive.

Hopefully thanks @DangerousSausage they will be reminded about how nice Nottingham and Skegness is! Compared to Crawley and Brighton. ;) Haha!

I think we will narrowly win 0-1.

What do you think? Possible score prediction? #Discuss

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont want us to rely on a draw, it might not work out for us but a good win would make all the difference now. i do think we can go into the game with confidence, hoping that it means we can just focus on our football. score some goals notts! yp

Supporter+

Doe these players have the bottle? I don't think they do. 2-0 to Gillingham but........

others could well do us a favour and it might not matter......

It is a shame we cannot get Paddy and JCR back in time for this, it would be good to have them in the squad because they would break Gillingham in my opinion. The squad needs to balanced whoever starts! We cannot go all attacking, as this will leave us wide open at the back and we cant play defensively because we struggle to create chances.

I would be tempted to start the same squad as we did against Doncaster.

1-2 Notts. Bajner and Noble.

There is every chance that Notts can continue on from our recent performances, I hope that we can be safe with a draw but I wouldn't rely on it. 0-1 will be good enough, just score and control the game.

Frustrate their players into making fouls and mistakes.

Magpies survive another time!

Doe these players have the bottle? I don't think they do. 2-0 to Gillingham but........

others could well do us a favour and it might not matter......

I think you will be wrong about this the lads have been improving and Gillingham just suck.

I was one of the many in the line at the last home game, so I am going on Saturday.

I have a good feeling about the game, it should be end to end. I would be wary of writing Gillingham off, yet I would not expect them to go for it totally. Their forms nothing to write home about and neither is ours. Under Moniz we look the better side at home which I am hoping continues but with 2,000+ Notts fans, I am hoping we can give the occasion the home treatment.

My prediction is 0-2 to Notts.

I was one of the many in the line at the last home game, so I am going on Saturday.

I have a good feeling about the game, it should be end to end. I would be wary of writing Gillingham off, yet I would not expect them to go for it totally. Their forms nothing to write home about and neither is ours. Under Moniz we look the better side at home which I am hoping continues but with 2,000+ Notts fans, I am hoping we can give the occasion the home treatment.

My prediction is 0-2 to Notts.

Seeming as we're a helpful bunch here at PoN, turn up on Sunday, not Saturday (unless you are travelling down on Saturday which is sensible! In fact just ignore me!!!)

Supporter+

Gillingham suck? Remind me where they are in the table? Doesn't say much for Notts if Gillingham suck!

Well, I predicted us not beating Doncaster and Losing to Gillingham... of course, that was before I saw them playing with my own eyes...

Play like that... it could be all three points and safety.

If we don't turn up, pretty much like the rest of this year... we are doomed, Gillingham will roll us over, and wee will be reliant on others to lose....

I hope I am right in saying Notts will turn up and play... I don't know the score, but we will survive

Supporter+

I agree with @liampie a draw may not be enough so we've got to go for a win and under Moniz I think we will go for the jugular, hopefully we will get the right result but there are so many factors that could affect the result, the ref for one.

No prediction from me but obviously I am hoping for a positive result. Whatever way it goes I'll be back next season.

COME ON YOU PIES!!

Just win. COYP.

Smith on the bench please.

Not even on the bench for me.

Notts have to be cleverer than Gillingham, who I expect to shut up shop and attempt to make it impossible for us to score. With the importance that the game carries, nots must approach the game slowly and that will cut out the stupid mistakes which tend to happen.

Leave Hollis out too, or we'll concede an own goal.

I agree with @liampie a draw may not be enough so we've got to go for a win and under Moniz I think we will go for the jugular, hopefully we will get the right result but there are so many factors that could affect the result, the ref for one.

No prediction from me but obviously I am hoping for a positive result. Whatever way it goes I'll be back next season.

COME ON YOU PIES!!

all it takes is for one result to change and we could go from being just outside to back into the relegation mix.

i also think moniz will us fired up and wanting to attack. yp!

I am not confident about the game but I am hopeful we can get the job done.

Gillingham are a decent side at this level, yet I agree with the comments made in the media from Haydn Hollis. Confidence is a massive boost and hopefully they have that now, I think we will be up for the game and provided we start brightly the players should have more than enough to do the job.

Well, I've been away, missed 3 games & we picked up 4 points.

A win seals survival and that has to be the objective. It was about 3 weeks ago when I said thstb53 points would guarantee survival and we might get away with 51 - that is the situation we now find ourselves in. I don't think 50 will do it, but it might, of course.

We have to go for the win and forget/ignore the others. Come on you Piiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeees.

We have to win, nothing else will be good enough for me not even if we survive having drawn.

Dont get me wrong, I will be pleased but this ending to the season has been a massive disappointment and I hope the players just go to Gillingham wanting make up for their mistakes, all this talk about getting the fans to support them. What have we done all season? Just win Notts.

Moniz has had Notts playing some great football, I see the improvements even in a short space of time. I think Dave Kevan is vital part of the team and it's nice to have the man easily depensed backed. Notts should go their with a level of confidence, I would be concerned if the players did not believe they could get a win and as others have said, it is exactly what we need.

Will we do it? I dont know but I do hope it is the case.

Supporter+

Leyton Orient winning we are in the bottom 4

Supporter+

GOALLLLL!! Burke.

Archived