Jon Stead

To be honest, his goal scoring record isn't really all that impressive but that doesn't take anything a way from the fact that he is a good player. I am not sure we will be able to rely on him being the 15+ goal scorer we need either but again, yes we are building a decent squad.

His interview on the Magpie Player was also very good.

He spoke about stepping back to take two steps forward, I hope he can contribute very nicely towards helping us achieve our goals and promotion dreams.

To be honest, his goal scoring record isn't really all that impressive but that doesn't take anything a way from the fact that he is a good player. I am not sure we will be able to rely on him being the 15+ goal scorer we need either but again, yes we are building a decent squad.

His interview on the Magpie Player was also very good.

He spoke about stepping back to take two steps forward, I hope he can contribute very nicely towards helping us achieve our goals and promotion dreams.

I think we have to take that with a pinch of salt. Of course it had perhaps some influence, but I think the main thing would be wages, length of contract and proximity to his house. 

And contract length @Super_Danny_Allsopp. We offered him two years, which not many clubs are prepared to do for a player the wrong side of 30 - remember when Mike Edwards went to Carlisle because they offered him an extra year? The prospect of first team football and hopefully a promotion push would have been attractive too.

I think we have to take that with a pinch of salt. Of course it had perhaps some influence, but I think the main thing would be wages, length of contract and proximity to his house. 

Well to be fair, I don't see him attracting any interest from a Championship club or higher again. So, his only way to get the there would be to work within a project. I believe that's part of the reason why he signed for Bradford, I don't think it's all about money these days.

Location may have played a part in the deal but the signs from his posture seemed to suggest he's pretty truthful.

Footballers playing at our level are normal people.

If a company interviews me and says 'Why do you want to join here' I would come up with something like 'It's a fantastic company to work for/    I'm very interested in the project/    Opportunity to develop' when the truthful answers are

'You will pay me more'   /    'No-one else offered me a job'    /     Location convenience   /   Job security (Length of contract)   - You just don't say these things during an interview/ when speaking to your bosses.  

Supporter+

I was gobsmacked when I heard this, it's a very good signing IMHO, I'm amazed he's dropping to league two.

I was gobsmacked when I heard this, it's a very good signing IMHO, I'm amazed he's dropping to league two.

wait for the time when he is hit with the notts county curse and labelled "he could not hit a barn door".

Archived