Mawouna Amevor, signs!

NewarkPie

He seems pretty steady, I hope he settles in and we help to build his career.

Obviously I don't know much about him as a player but we will soon I am sure. He can play as a right back (preferred) but also a centre defender.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TnLlMP-pd0

Now there's a mouthful for Uncle Colin to say on match days! I am looking forward to his attempts. I doubt I could even pronounce it properly!

Pleased with this signing, it's another good addition to the squad and it looks like we are moving in the right direction. I do wonder why we seem to be doing the right approach now, I guess mistakes are being learnt or it's the Moniz style, either keep up the good work Notts.

Supporter+

Another piece in the jigsaw, it's great that we are looking at players from abroad rather than the same old has beens that do the rounds in league one and two.

@MichaelRiordan I don't think it is a case of hating Hollis, certainly from my point of view, he is frustrating. having come through our youth set up, it is one we really hoped would make it. To go on and really really shine... he hasn't or at least IMO he hasn't. It is like watching a young CB from light years ago, when hoofing it as high up the pitch as possible was the order of the day, now football has changed but for whatever reason, Haydn doesn't seem to have done. when you couple this with his switching off, then I think he is going to be a bit part player now, and it is a shame.

he looks pretty useful, surely he should be more a cb for us rather than a rb? his height would be a great assist within that position.

i think this will be a very impressive signing. well done notts!

Gary Liddle signed as CM but ended up in defence but it's interesting to hear.

@RayTrew are the signings being robust the aim from the club this season? So that they cover if needed?

Swerts has been signed as CM but can play LB.   Ricardo is deliberately signing players that can play in a number positions

Now there's a mouthful for Uncle Colin to say on match days! I am looking forward to his attempts. I doubt I could even pronounce it properly!

Pleased with this signing, it's another good addition to the squad and it looks like we are moving in the right direction. I do wonder why we seem to be doing the right approach now, I guess mistakes are being learnt or it's the Moniz style, either keep up the good work Notts.

There are going to be quite a few that Uncle Colin is going to find hard to get his tongue around

To be fair, it's not just Colin who needs to worry. We also have the problem that we won't know what to say! LOL

Notts County Football Club will be offering pronunciation classes on Friday evenings between 7.30 and 9.00.   These will be held bi-monthy and lessons will be charged at £10 per head...... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

There are going to be quite a few that Uncle Colin is going to find hard to get his tongue around

You've been involved with football for a while now @RayTrew. Do you think modern social media has drastically changed the role of a football journalist? I remember at one time Colin and the Nottm Evening Post as it was then, used to be the primary source of info from the club. It must be difficult for them to build that 'special relationship' with the club now as news gets out there so fast now days!

Notts County Football Club will be offering pronunciation classes on Friday evenings between 7.30 and 9.00.   These will be held bi-monthy and lessons will be charged at £10 per head...... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

We might need to hire a song writer too to be able to get some of these names into chants for the Kop

You've been involved with football for a while now @RayTrew. Do you think modern social media has drastically changed the role of a football journalist? I remember at one time Colin and the Nottm Evening Post as it was then, used to be the primary source of info from the club. It must be difficult for them to build that 'special relationship' with the club now as news gets out there so fast now days!

It gets out there before we even have had a chance to announce it

It gets out there before we even have had a chance to announce it

Would you support Ricardo if he was to go down the Redknapp route of banning twitter etc...(not suggesting that players are giving info btw!) :o

What does all this have to do with Amevor? People should accept social media and embrace it.

By the video attached here, Mawouna looks to be very promising.

I didn't realise I was not accepting social media! I was just trying to engage @RayTrew in a discussion!

Regards to social media it can only help, just look at PON.

Newspapers are a dying industry, which I add is sad but this is where proper dedicated fan sites come into it.

Mawouna Amevor is a tongue twister! I hope he plays without getting anything tangled up, as I am very delighted with the progress being made and he looks very useful.

Archived