Worst Team

AmericanPie

What is the worst team you have seen play against Notts? I am talking tactics, poor football etc etc.

I think when Notts played Spurs in the late 80's stands out for me.

At the time they had a decent squad but on the field they played rather boring and Notts was actually considered to be a whipping boy squad for them. I believe it ended a draw but it is one of the worst games I have ever seen.

Doncaster Rovers in 97-98. Their crook of a chairman had ripped the heart out of the club and they got relegated with about 10 points. They were like a pub team. Some of their players were actually recruited from pub teams! We played badly and still knocked five past them.

I think it was Colchester United, yet something tells me it may have been Stevenage.

Which ever of the two it was, they kicked Jack Grealish all over field and played pretty brutal football. Absolutely no tactics to their play and they just looked like they had been instructed to injure players. I'm starting to think it was Stevenage, as I seem to recall Marcus Haber also appearing in the game. Ah, I wished I could say more but if anyone on here attended that game, they would know what I mean.

We played well but the opposition, no way.

@skyhighpie If you are talking about the game at Carlisle.... they still dont know either, and readily admit the best team lost

Yes, I believe we are talking about the same game. I went all the way home puzzled, first half Carlisle, just poor and the second half they scored flukes. Totally against the run of play!!

Stevenage any day, every time we play them they rely on physicality and their ability to kick people. I remember losing 1-0 there in the FA Cup a few years back and it was absolutely dire from both teams, and of course our most recent match where their sole aim appeared to be to kill Grealish. As for ' worse teams can be added' I'd be amazed if I ever saw a team worse!

Archived