I'll tell yer summat

thepieofbilbro

I am really getting excited about the coming season, I've not felt like this pre-season for a long time. Even my red mates haven't got a bad thing to say about it, I'm sure there's even a small amount of envy when we compare our signings 😉 anyway, COYP! !!!

I am also very excited about this upcoming season. However, I think we need to have a bit of caution about it too. It could very easily all go wrong, there are a lot of unknown quantities in our squad, whilst they look good on paper/youtube, doesn't necessarily mean they will be good in L2. Also, a lot of new faces, time to gel, settle in to the country etc....

We have to be aware that the manager has no experience in this league. Good that we have Kevan assisting him, but sometimes passing on the floor and pace won't get you round 11 defenders in their own box AKA Shaun Derry formation of 10-0-0. We can pretty much guarantee that some teams' game plan will be to kick and hack us to death.

I always feel optimistic about the new season, yet this season I am excited. I really hope it goes well because we as a fan base deserve it, two season of scrapping and last year almost very nearly turned out to be decent.

The players signed are really helping, as the way they speak about the club and what Ricardo Moniz is saying himself makes a huge difference.

I think if we can go into the first set of games like we feel now, we will lift the players even more and there's a good chance we can witness a very successful season. I just don't want any bubbles to burst.

I have expected the same old, same old each season. I did for this but something is different.

It did seem at one stage all the quality had passed us by but we have done a great job attracting talent. I am more than just excited about the new season, I am relieved I got a season ticket.

Only our fan base would feel we are getting carried a way after the season we suffered last year, I swear some try to ruin any good vibe that the club tries to put out but you know what? I am impressed with Notts.

I am very keen to get the season underway and I won't be looking back.

Only our fan base would feel we are getting carried a way after the season we suffered last year, I swear some try to ruin any good vibe that the club tries to put out but you know what? I am impressed with Notts.

I am very keen to get the season underway and I won't be looking back.

I think it's to do with us being Notts County.

Experience tells us to hope for the best but expect for the worst  :lol:

Supporter+

I haven't been as excited since the Munto season, I just hope the players can gel quickly.

Apparently you can get 20-1 on notts winning the title, I'm not a betting man but if I was........

I haven't been as excited since the Munto season, I just hope the players can gel quickly.

Apparently you can get 20-1 on notts winning the title, I'm not a betting man but if I was........

I couldn't commit to us winning it, I see a lot of competition from particularly Pompy and Luton, but I snook a 10er on us at 6/1 to be promoted.

I am and I got 23's so that will help next May!!

I haven't spoken to any Notts fan who isn't excited and it extends to Facebook, where fans are clearly excited about the direction we are going. I just hope we secure the wheel, so it doesn't come off.

If anyone isn't excited, I would love to hear/read why.

I want other clubs to make good signings, it will be better to have some challenges but I do think the quality we are putting together will lead us places. Regardless for me, I just hope for promotion.

There are not many teams in League 2 who play the kind of football that Ricardo want us to play. but there are a lot of teams who can defend in depth, put eight  6foot+ lads on the pitch and   kick lumps out of gifted players. As the old saying goes, "See how fast he is with one leg".

if past seasons are repeated we will get little or no help from officials, so the opening day at Stevenage could be a real eye opener for some. If they are lacking in spirit we could end up getting turned over by what are basically pub teams.

I would love to see flowing footie at ML, but opponents will be out to stop it by any means. We lost enough games by 1-0 last season to know that route 1 and set pieces can work and will be used against us. So to go with the talent we will need guts and steel, as some games will be physical battles. I just hope that the imports understand this.

Supporter+

There are not many teams in League 2 who play the kind of football that Ricardo want us to play. but there are a lot of teams who can defend in depth, put eight 6foot+ lads on the pitch and kick lumps out of gifted players. As the old saying goes, "See how fast he is with one leg".

if past seasons are repeated we will get little or no help from officials, so the opening day at Stevenage could be a real eye opener for some. If they are lacking in spirit we could end up getting turned over by what are basically pub teams.

I would love to see flowing footie at ML, but opponents will be out to stop it by any means. We lost enough games by 1-0 last season to know that route 1 and set pieces can work and will be used against us. So to go with the talent we will need guts and steel, as some games will be physical battles. I just hope that the imports understand this.

That's a very good point you make @Piety I am sure that some of the teams will be very physical and the refs were bad enough in league one so the flair players won't get any help there. I am not really familiar with lower league continental teams or how they play but let's hope the new players can stand up to a physical battle and give as good as they get.

Archived