Has Noble Really Learned?

AmericanPie

Since I am not watching Notts, much of what I read describes Noble as very hot tempered. Much praise has gone into his work rate and attitude so far this season but has he really learned?

I hope this is one of few suspensions for him this.

Also does anyone feel his sending off lead to us conceding?

I am not trying to blame him but I would like to understand, at this stage it's unclear to me and I felt it was worthy of being discussed.

Supporter+

I wasn't at the match but from what I've read it wasn't a nasty premeditated tackle as much as a poorly executed one, apparently Noble got the ball but with a stamping action that the ref deemed dangerous play.

We'll never know whether we would have conceded had Noble been on the field but he shouldn't be made a scape goat for yet another defensive error.

We can't ridicule players all the time, its his passion and on an whole it is improving. We need he is improving, why should it be a case of has be learned after one red card?

Don't get me wrong there's room for discussion but, and it is a big BUT we need to accept it to some degree.

He has a long way to go still but look at the difference so far.

I always think it will creep in when we struggle because that's when the pressure mounts.

He does need to focus his passion on staying on the field. Yesterday I thought him and San were the best two on the field (until they had their schoolboy spat over the freekick!)

Good player who needs to polish alot in his game to become a better player.

Then again, we are in L2 not the prem so I expect players to make mistakes. It's just a shame that Noble makes him in the way of cards!

He does need to focus his passion on staying on the field. Yesterday I thought him and San were the best two on the field (until they had their schoolboy spat over the freekick!)

Good player who needs to polish alot in his game to become a better player.

Then again, we are in L2 not the prem so I expect players to make mistakes. It's just a shame that Noble makes him in the way of cards!

It's part of the reason why he's playing in league two but in principle I do actually agree.

Noble needs to focus more on his ability to play good football, less time for arguing if he did but I do agree that it will always creep in when we are in difficult games or are under pressure.

That is a very good point @Blink1862. If we are cruising in a game he would allow himself more time, but when the pressure is on he flies in with the tackles without any disregard for the consequences. If the rest of the team fires on all cylinders ( and no one watching could say we were yesterday) then I suspect he wouldn't get anywhere as many cards. He is a full throttle player, but when the chips are down he is a liability.

Discipline can be taught, our arm used to receive trouble makers in order to straighten them out. Perhaps the club could do team building excises more? Find ways to drill it into him and others.

He might not be the brightest bulb but you don't have to be, footballers are notoriously know for being....

Supposedly he's on his last warning, I'll risk my head and say it - absolute madness. Without Liam we would be going down a river, without a paddle and no chance to change direction.

He's only replaceable if we sign a solid replacement and that seems unlikely.

What we need to do is change the approach in which we manage him.

Supposedly he's on his last warning, I'll risk my head and say it - absolute madness. Without Liam we would be going down a river, without a paddle and no chance to change direction.

He's only replaceable if we sign a solid replacement and that seems unlikely.

What we need to do is change the approach in which we manage him.

That's about his 3rd last warning.

Supporter+

I agree with the last two posts, his disciplinary record is atrocious BUT he is a good player and can turn a game round we need those kinds of players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived