McLeod's Début

theMagpies

What did you make of his début?

He did very well with Jon Stead, its early but both can shoot and they are totally different players, which means they'll keep defenders busy with good service. It was good to see two strikers keen to attack and have cracks at goal.

What did you think???

I can only go from off the highlights, what I have read and been told but the picture I have been given does back up what you have written.

Promising signs early on are what makes a interesting partnership up front. I noticed that McLeod seemed to give more time for Stead to release his shots. Hopefully, with Stead being able to pass so well, this will make McLeod lethal upfront and although I am still undecided about the fee paid, it is a good debut in my opinion.

I will be interested to see what others say.

As above with the fact that I only have the radio and the highlights to go on, but up front he may well be the missing cog. Don't mind paying for him if he scores over the season. If his return is lower than 10 and others are scoring around him, but not because of him, then the fee looks questionable. For me though a great buy. Just start planning now for his replacement in a few years Notts!

Archived