FA warning for Ricardo

PTID1862

As the article says, a warning for comments made about referee..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34085065

The more interesting bit for me is at the bottom.... this:

The former Tottenham skills-coach also criticised several County players for choosing to stay put despite them being deemed surplus to requirements at the club.

The Magpies have signed 19 players so far this summer with the transfer window due to shut on Tuesday.

"Last year I told them they were good players, but I have no place for them, so they can be influential at a lower level," he said.

"But sometimes they only want to sit and take the benefit of the salary. We have too many players who I can't use.

"If they are not influential in a specific strength they will not play at Notts County."

Who exactly are we on about here? Are we talking about McKenzie? is that why he isn't playing? Who else?

As the article says, a warning for comments made about referee..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34085065

The more interesting bit for me is at the bottom.... this:

The former Tottenham skills-coach also criticised several County players for choosing to stay put despite them being deemed surplus to requirements at the club.

The Magpies have signed 19 players so far this summer with the transfer window due to shut on Tuesday.

"Last year I told them they were good players, but I have no place for them, so they can be influential at a lower level," he said.

"But sometimes they only want to sit and take the benefit of the salary. We have too many players who I can't use.

"If they are not influential in a specific strength they will not play at Notts County."

Who exactly are we on about here? Are we talking about McKenzie? is that why he isn't playing? Who else?

McKenzie is injured I believe.

I think we are probably talking about Hayhurst, Wroe....

If you listen to his interview on magpie player then what comes across is that certain players are just gonna sit & take the money whilst other who are injured aren't really trying to come back from their injuries as best as they could, ie they're not trying, he implied that to McKenzie & Bishop.

The FA have got to get real about his comments, how are they going to give a young person an abstract view of referees? The majority do that all by themselves

If you had an 18-month contract and were told to sling your hook after 6 months, what would you do? If no-one else wants to take them and the club won't pay up their contracs, there's not a lot they can do.

And I don't like the mentality that RM "can't use" them. A good manager should be able to use and improve the players he has at his disposal. Remember when Sam Allardyce turned the worst Notts team in decades into champions? And how can you foster team spirit and togetherness in the squad when you put a number of players in that sort of situation?

If you had an 18-month contract and were told to sling your hook after 6 months, what would you do? If no-one else wants to take them and the club won't pay up their contracs, there's not a lot they can do.

And I don't like the mentality that RM "can't use" them. A good manager should be able to use and improve the players he has at his disposal. Remember when Sam Allardyce turned the worst Notts team in decades into champions? And how can you foster team spirit and togetherness in the squad when you put a number of players in that sort of situation?

I said this under Derry when he shipped out quality, instead if trying to mentor and work with them. If players seemed demanding etc, he just got rid - A good manager will work with his options but does @AmericanPie have a point with his article?

Ricardo has a very specific set of player attributes that fit into the way he wants to play, if certain players haven't got it or the inkling of it then they are never going to have it so it really is wasted resources attempting it.

I agree partially re the players contracts, a contract is just that and it is within their rights to see it through to the end, the other side is if that was you and you knew you would get a contract in the conference but your ego said that you are a league player only then the issue would be the players.

I said this under Derry when he shipped out quality, instead if trying to mentor and work with them. If players seemed demanding etc, he just got rid - A good manager will work with his options but does @AmericanPie have a point with his article?

Derry got rid of any ego as he had to be the biggest fish in the pond, this was ultimately his undoing as the most talented normally come an ego to suit.

Archived