New Season Shirts

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

What does everyone do about football shirts, do you buy the latest one every season or do you have a favourite that you stick to come what may.

I have a very treasured Notts shirt that my two sons bought me when I was 50, it has the number 50 on the back and the word Dad. Why is it so treasured? Because sadly my youngest son died tragically 14 months ago at the age of 31, so I will always keep that shirt and wear it with pride.

What's your favourite shirt or do you buy a new one every year?

I'm so sorry to hear about your son,Tony. The shirt obviously has an extra special significance to you.

I've had Rams shirts bought for me by my sons and they are special too.

I don't have a favourite one though.

I can't say I do really, I wished I could. I have a couple my grandfather bought me when I was younger and one which was given to me, both mean a lot but obviously the one's my grandfather got me don't fit. Would be nice to find them and see if either Jake, Ellie or Ava fit them (Ava will be too young) In recent years I've only got the Munto and the Blue Stripey one from the previous season. I think it's the same one we played Juventus in :)

Did plan to buy the current home shirt but was never my size in stock and well, I don't like pink for myself.

Children have their shirts, though we only really buy them if we really like them. I'll probably buy next years very early on, I tend to leave things and say I'll get it next week, though usually I don't buy every season.

We tend to buy them every other season unless we really like a certain one. Our son got both the black and white one and the pink one. Our eldest daughter got the pink one and our youngest the black and white one. They did get the shirts from the year before. I don't get a shirt for myself, but notts joe loves the training tops as much as the notts shirts. He never goes anywhere without a notts shirt and notts coat on.

Previously I was what I call a passive fan. I followed the team but rarely went down to games. I never had anyone to go with in the past, didn't know anyone who supported Notts (most of my friends support the other side of the Trent) and I'd only go the few times I could get a friend to tag along or if there was a big game I'd go on my own, but I'd always find it awkward just to go on my onesie.

So the only shirt I had was when I first truly got into Notts, which was the 06/07 home strip, with Medoc as the sponsor and the pre-Munto logo.

Since joining the PoN community I've been going to a lot more games, now I rarely miss a home game and yesterday I went to my first proper away game (I'd previously been to the City Ground in the away end when Notts played Forest in the Carling Cup first round but I don't really count that as an away game). I've been trying to get this season's home shirt for absolutely ages, I think it's a great looking jersey, but I couldn't find it either in the club shop or online, which I think is absolutely ridiculous, firstly out of principle - every club should have enough stock of the current season's home shirt to cater for fan demand - and also in terms of making money - the club's missing out on thousands of pounds of revenue as there are many fans willing to pay £40 for the shirt, myself included, who have had to make do with the away shirt, the third strip, shirts from season past, and even other Notts-branded merchandise such as polos or coats.

Now, I have two Notts tops - the 06/07 home kit and this season's pink strip, plus the PoN shirt.

Next season, I'd be interested in seeing a shirt which is essentially the reverse of the 11/12 model, a shirt which is entirely black with very thin vertical white lines, not even stripes. I think having black as the dominant colour (so mostly black shirt, black shorts and black socks) would be nice just for a season, and what the club could then do is to get more stock of the 12/13 shirts and sell them instore and online at the same time as the current season's home kit. Perhaps by having the 13/14 home kit at, say £35 while the 12/13 "anniversary edition" is kept at £40, it would ensure neither of the shirt models is favoured at the expense of the other. Maybe the club could even do a special deal whereby, if you buy both shirts in the same transaction, you get them for £65.

I'm all in favour of seeing as many fans as possible kitted out in Notts colours, I'm tired of seeing so many Forest shirts but few County ones out and about in the city, we need to change this! As the song goes, "we won't ever be mastered, by those Forest *expletive*!" Come on Ray and Eileen, let's colour the city black and white!

Previously I was what I call a passive fan. I followed the team but rarely went down to games. I never had anyone to go with in the past, didn't know anyone who supported Notts (most of my friends support the other side of the Trent) and I'd only go the few times I could get a friend to tag along or if there was a big game I'd go on my own, but I'd always find it awkward just to go on my onesie.

So the only shirt I had was when I first truly got into Notts, which was the 06/07 home strip, with Medoc as the sponsor and the pre-Munto logo.

Since joining the PoN community I've been going to a lot more games, now I rarely miss a home game and yesterday I went to my first proper away game (I'd previously been to the City Ground in the away end when Notts played Forest in the Carling Cup first round but I don't really count that as an away game). I've been trying to get this season's home shirt for absolutely ages, I think it's a great looking jersey, but I couldn't find it either in the club shop or online, which I think is absolutely ridiculous, firstly out of principle - every club should have enough stock of the current season's home shirt to cater for fan demand - and also in terms of making money - the club's missing out on thousands of pounds of revenue as there are many fans willing to pay £40 for the shirt, myself included, who have had to make do with the away shirt, the third strip, shirts from season past, and even other Notts-branded merchandise such as polos or coats.

Now, I have two Notts tops - the 06/07 home kit and this season's pink strip, plus the PoN shirt.

Next season, I'd be interested in seeing a shirt which is essentially the reverse of the 11/12 model, a shirt which is entirely black with very thin vertical white lines, not even stripes. I think having black as the dominant colour (so mostly black shirt, black shorts and black socks) would be nice just for a season, and what the club could then do is to get more stock of the 12/13 shirts and sell them instore and online at the same time as the current season's home kit. Perhaps by having the 13/14 home kit at, say £35 while the 12/13 "anniversary edition" is kept at £40, it would ensure neither of the shirt models is favoured at the expense of the other. Maybe the club could even do a special deal whereby, if you buy both shirts in the same transaction, you get them for £65.

I'm all in favour of seeing as many fans as possible kitted out in Notts colours, I'm tired of seeing so many Forest shirts but few County ones out and about in the city, we need to change this! As the song goes, "we won't ever be mastered, by those Forest *expletive*!" Come on Ray and Eileen, let's colour the city black and white!

Hi Joe,

good to see you're coming to some home games now you've met people from the community. Loads of people bring a child along so they don't feel awkward until they make pals (which is great, too!) Sorry you weren't able to get a home shirt this season, we did have 2 reorders and demand was much higher than normal as they were so good. Once the runs are complete, that's it, I'm afraid, because the special roller is disassembled (all the ST names were in the stripes) It's a very costly and lengthly process and couldn't be repeated without charging the true value (which might make you feel queazy!) Lots of folk bought the away kits instead, or as well as, so the club didn't lose out..or only minimally. Sales were well  up this year as they were the anniversary editions, just as we anticipated. On any other season, if we offer too much choice yearly, it again bumps up the cost, as we are not buying in huge amounts like a premier club would. People tend to spend the same, however many products are offered.

Work on the following season's kit starts begins soon after one is released, so the process was finalised for ordering at the factory months ago.

Hope you all like them, buy them, wear them with pride...and outnumber the florists ;-)

Aileen

Hi Aileen,

First of all thank you for replying to my post. I honestly wasn't expecting the post to be read by yourself or any of the other directors so it's a privilege to know that the fans are able to have such direct contact with the boardroom staff. Great to know you were in the Notts crowd on Saturday as well (though I admit I only noticed when looking back through the photos!). It's good to be a fully-fledged Notts supporter now, and I have Chris (Notts Joe) to thank for this thanks to his good head-hunting techniques and knowledge of the mantra "if you don't ask you don't get" - I was writing intermittently for a Football League blog called We Are Going Up and from reading my articles, he asked me if I wanted to join PoN, I didn't hesitate in saying yes and now here I am!

That's such a shame about the home shirts, wasn't aware of the lengthy and expensive process involved in producing them. Looks like I've missed out then, wasn't quick off the mark to get myself one! :( Good to know the club's revenues from merchandise have still been substantial in spite of this however. I was always keen on the pink jersey ever since that April Fool post came out last year and thought "what a good idea!"

Interested to know what the new home kit will look like, if I was cheeky I'd ask for a description or sneak peek, but I'm not (honestly!) so I'll be good and wait till the official press release ;)

And also I'd just like to say, both to yourself and to Ray, keep up the good work guys!

Joe

my last shirt was the munto one, i only get them bought me as i am young and spend the money i do have often on games. hope to get one next year as i will be able to since i start a job soon.

like joe mentioned, i've met notts-joe twice at games and if he didnt provide this site i would be lurking.

facebook/twitter is great but i like forums.

Supporter+

It's great to see Aileen has joined our community, welcome, you will find we are a wee bit better behaved and more positive than some other sites I could mention. :thumbsup:

It's great to see Aileen has joined our community, welcome, you will find we are a wee bit better behaved and more positive than some other sites I could mention. :thumbsup:

Aah, thank you, dear! I think I may have come across one such as you describe...   :angel:

Tony, I've only just realized something which went un-noticed originally when I read your message. Now it's not the welcome (tho it's nice), it's the warm comments you mentioned about the community being better behaved and more positive. Can you tell me why?

Seriously, Don't say it's just a message.

It's actually put a smile onto my face and it's been a frown the majority of the night. I'm very happy to see something within your message but can you highlight what it is?

Supporter+

Tony, I've only just realized something which went un-noticed originally when I read your message. Now it's not the welcome (tho it's nice), it's the warm comments you mentioned about the community being better behaved and more positive. Can you tell me why?

Seriously, Don't say it's just a message.

It's actually put a smile onto my face and it's been a frown the majority of the night. I'm very happy to see something within your message but can you highlight what it is?

Hi Joe

As I have said before I used to go on the Mad site and gave up on it a long time ago, there is so much bickering and nasty comments, back biting, swearing etc., etc., I just couldn't be bothered any more so I started looking round for an alternative and found Paul Edgar's excellent magpieweb site but despite my best efforts along with Paul and a few others no one seemed to post on there, I then found this brilliant site and joined to see how things went.

What a found was a small but lovely friendly community and from the very first post I was made welcome and that felt my contributions were appreciated and valued, as were everyone elses. The fans who come on here respect each other and the fact that they may have differences of opinion but can do so without resorting to slanging matches.

There is also a lot of positivity about this site and it's contributors and long may that continue.

You and your family work really hard on the site and it is a real credit to you, I sincerely hope you are proud of what you have achieved.

Hi Joe

As I have said before I used to go on the Mad site and gave up on it a long time ago, there is so much bickering and nasty comments, back biting, swearing etc., etc., I just couldn't be bothered any more so I started looking round for an alternative and found Paul Edgar's excellent magpieweb site but despite my best efforts along with Paul and a few others no one seemed to post on there, I then found this brilliant site and joined to see how things went.

What a found was a small but lovely friendly community and from the very first post I was made welcome and that felt my contributions were appreciated and valued, as were everyone elses. The fans who come on here respect each other and the fact that they may have differences of opinion but can do so without resorting to slanging matches.

There is also a lot of positivity about this site and it's contributors and long may that continue.

You and your family work really hard on the site and it is a real credit to you, I sincerely hope you are proud of what you have achieved.

I should have made sure I didn't make typos/mistakes. Thanks for saying 'Our'  I hope more people realize that I'm not the sort of person to big the role I play, I'd rather say it's yours than mine. Ours is exactly how I hope it comes across because it is :)

Supporter+

Oh yes, it very much feels like ours, there is a definite family feel about the site.

I think your comments sum up 'our' site very well, Tony. As I have said before,  I was reluctant to post .I thought people would say 'what's he doing on a Notts site?'

Well I'm a football fan and like sharing the football experience with other fans.  I, too ,looked at other sites and came to the same conclusion as you.

We are a small site but we are growing. A lot of the progress is being made and this is down to you and all the other members who regularly post.

Yes K8, ,every single post is vital to the growth of this site. Everyone's opinion or comment is very much appreciated whether we agree or not..Posts get discussions going and it's good to read what other people think.

Sorry to hear that about your son, tony :( I know why you keep that shirt as a treasure.

I have 5 Notts Shirt...the first time I've been in Nottingham was on January 2012...but I really didn't like the shirt of that season, so I bought a training one.

My first shirt was sent me by an English friend (Sean), who send me the yellow away shirt with my name on the back.

Then I have last season away, match worn and signed by Sodje..

And I've bought also this season home shirt that is best shirt I've ever seen.

But now my favorite is the last one I've bought!

Earlier in this month I've bought the pink shirt...and, because it was made for the link with Juve, I' ve printed on the back the following writings :D

Love that, the most precious with the home 150th year shirt!

155696_10201007923630222_464545216_n.jpg

martin-allen.jpg?w=300

• 1 year later...

In all my 40 odd years of being a Notts fan I'd never bougtht a shirt til the 150 year one, and I also got the pink one too. Wasn't too fussed about last season's barcode look, but what really put me off it was having "Jongleurs Comedy Club on the back. Please, I hope Notts don't do that again this season.

Rams new kit being unveiled tomorrow.Hope we  have some new signings soon to wear it!

Archived