Crawley Town (H)

Dripsey3

Supporter+

Creepy Crawley dropped down with us last season. Their 2-0 win over us in April put a nail in our coffin, not the final nail, but a nail nonetheless. 

We have played them 3 times at the Lane. We have won 2 and drawn the other. 

Crawley have had a poor start to this season. They have picked up 6 points in 7 games and are 1 place above the the drop zone. Strangely enough their 6 points have come from games against sides expected to challenge for promotion. 1 win and 3 draws. Crawley haven't scored in their last 3 games. Their top scorer Gwion Edwards is suspended. Roarie Deacon could be a threat. Other than that, I'm struggling to name a player who could cause us problems. Luke Rooney maybe? 

Crawley are going through a rough period, we won't get them at a better time. I'd be shocked if we didn't win. I'm going for 4-1 to Notts. Izzy (2), Noble and Burke. 

I don't believe this will be any easier than Wimbledon, they're quite similar but Crawley are the better side in my opinion and unless we play our A+ game, I fear for the points. We win, optimism lifts but when we lose - it brings out the fear amongst the fan base.

It's time we settled down, it sounded like we gave everything in the first half at Wimbledon, though we MUST give 100% and for 90 minutes in the game on Tuesday night.

I really cannot predict this, I think it will be very narrow in terms of goals.

Supporter+

I don't believe this will be any easier than Wimbledon, they're quite similar but Crawley are the better side in my opinion and unless we play our A+ game, I fear for the points. We win, optimism lifts but when we lose - it brings out the fear amongst the fan base.

It's time we settled down, it sounded like we gave everything in the first half at Wimbledon, though we MUST give 100% and for 90 minutes in the game on Tuesday night.

I really cannot predict this, I think it will be very narrow in terms of goals.

Wimbledon will finish 10 points or more ahead of Crawley  :thumbsup:

Crawley couldn't even name a full subs bench on Saturday. They are there for the taking. Anything less than a win and I fear for RM. 

we should be pushing play offs not settling for mid table crap we have spent money on decent players and wages we should be aiming for play offs I can't think of one team up there other then orient an Pompey an Plymouth who have spent big or have a decent budget we're underachieving massively with the players moniz needs to get a winning streak going

Supporter+

Well I could have stayed on holiday until Thursday but the weather forecast and the fact that Notts are playing made me cut short our holiday so I hope Notts put on a good show for me. The last game I saw was Mansfield in the league so it seems ages since I've seen then. We need to win to get our season going Moniz has promised changes. We have conceded two goals every game on average that can't continue unless we want to watch conference football.

A nervy 2-1 win. McLeod (2)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd play Atkinson at right back an put swerts at CB purely based on how he handled mackail smith at times Audel scares me to lightweight an tries to play it out when he really can't I'd make sure Burke an snijders track back to cause we literally get overrun in middle every game is personally pack the middle but deffo two up top

I'd play Atkinson at right back an put swerts at CB purely based on how he handled mackail smith at times Audel scares me to lightweight an tries to play it out when he really can't I'd make sure Burke an snijders track back to cause we literally get overrun in middle every game is personally pack the middle but deffo two up top

I was thinking this, but I was too worried about the total lack of height of that back 4, apart from Hollis. 

Good luck Notts,please restore some optimism.

I was worried for the first time this season, more stressed and annoyed than I was at Mansfield but some of this may be due to me not feeling well.

The game sounded like a very poor game, with players not seeming to have much understanding and I think had Edwards not score - we would never have gotten the momentum to go forward. The second goal made all the difference, the penalty helped to take the pressure off and we seemed to get into the game more. By this stage Mike Edwards clinched it for us!

What a difference a has-been, the same phoenix who continues to rise each season? Mike Edwards take a bow.

PS. Also how unlucky was McLeod not to get on the score sheet with several of his chances? He's made a huge difference and I admire his attitude, he seems a good egg. I hope he scores after I finish writing!

Supporter+

I'm regretting not having a bet on 4-1.....

Supporter+

On paper this seems an emphatic win but personally I didn't feel comfortable until the ref blew the whistle, although Carroll was at fault for the goal he certainly made up for it with two or three very good saves, the one handed save diving to his right was brilliant, I feel we could have been in trouble if those chances had gone in.

Having said that we took our goals well and what good games the old men Edwards and Smith had it just goes to show how you need experience and leadership to help win important games like this.

Good to see us get three points, we started the game one point from the relegation zone now we are only three points from the play off looking upward.

As the great Jimmy Greaves said it's a funny old game.

happy with that Hewitt looks class noble great in the middle smith leader and battler Campbell worked his socks off McLeod unlucky but worked hard looked to get behind good to see him not back down an give the Crawley players a bit of a push an get involved I like that Burke a lot better on left an tonight worked back all in all solid holis no messing about good night for us all 😊😊

I disagree with some when they say we was bad for 20 mins Crawley didn't offer a threat all nite we outplayed them out passed them we had pace vocal leaders noble had Lisensce to bomb forward and cause problems McLeod always on the shoulder battles holds up the ball we have the ability an players it's just getting a run going now

Archived