Leigh Curtis thoughts on Stanley...The Post web chat

Piethagoram

"Think he's very good on the ball. He's one of the best passers, but defensively he is not good enough to play holding midfield. He lets players run off him and doesn't track runs. Go and watch the first half of the Oxford game and see how much they used it to their advantage. Until he improves that side of his game, I don't think we will see much of him unless it's a position further up the pitch. "

If he is reflecting Jamie's view ( I am not saying that he is, by the way), I am very concerned. The best dead ball deliverer we have at the Club. 

1 hour ago, Piethagoram said:

"Think he's very good on the ball. He's one of the best passers, but defensively he is not good enough to play holding midfield. He lets players run off him and doesn't track runs. Go and watch the first half of the Oxford game and see how much they used it to their advantage. Until he improves that side of his game, I don't think we will see much of him unless it's a position further up the pitch. "

If he is reflecting Jamie's view ( I am not saying that he is, by the way), I am very concerned. The best dead ball deliverer we have at the Club. 

You should of asked him how Scott "not fast enough to carry a hat at a funeral" Bennett can get into midfiled in-front of him.

The boy looks like he's running through treacle with lead weights on his feet.

When I think back to seeing Stanley play, I recall many times whereby he tracks back and gets stuck in.

Often he wins the ball - I think it's only after the injury, he hasn't quite performanced well defensively but by no means is he the worst at defending. Unfortunately, I don't see him making massive strides to improve this massively - not at his age but he can defend well.

Build a side round him!

Only in England do we spend more time on a player's deficiencies than his strengths.

To win you have to score goals. Scot Bennett is a centre back. Aborah can hold the ball. If we are in possession they can't score.

He's the best player of his type in the division, just talk to the opposition fans...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, ivansneck said:

Build a side round him!

Only in England do we spend more time on a player's deficiencies than his strengths.

To win you have to score goals. Scot Bennett is a centre back. Aborah can hold the ball. If we are in possession they can't score.

He's the best player of his type in the division, just talk to the opposition fans...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bennett did nothing but stand around, he cant defend for the life of him.

in defence and with cover maybe but stanley is worth 50 of bennett. you are right, if we have the ball we can stop sides scoring and without stanley we have no ball holders. noble moves quickly, he does not look to hold it or slow down play so we need better options for calming down play imo.

46 minutes ago, hissingdwarf said:

NEP coverage is terrible. Might as well put written by Aileen and Ray Trew at the end of everything!

Like I said in another post, Leigh Curtis is nothing other than a puppet for the Trews as he is so scared of being banned from the club and it shows in his reporting.

The most laughable quote I have read for years & years is in his latest article.....

"Of course, Fullarton wants his team to be creative".

Does he actually read the sh!te he spouts and or believe what he writes. Fullarton's idea of creativity is hammer it into the stratosphere in the vain hope the opposing defenders make a mistake, if that's creative then I'm King Tut.

Honestly our club is a circus

Guest gtownjohnno
4 hours ago, Northants Pie said:

You should of asked him how Scott "not fast enough to carry a hat at a funeral" Bennett can get into midfiled in-front of him.

The boy looks like he's running through treacle with lead weights on his feet.

Told you.....he would rather be playing for newport....

Archived