Do you always sit in the same area?

If I go with friends to see Notts, I always sit in the kop but depending on the numbers I do not always sit in the same place. I only ever do when I am alone or with family. The area is normally filled with the same people, I wonder if you always sit within the same area?

How many fans do you speak with within that section also?

If I meet up with @Cobby, @Joe Jones then myself and @super_pie generally sit in the same area.

We do float around a bit, as Jake likes sitting with different people but commonly I try not do it too much. I always like sitting near the top of the Kop but I tend to struggle some times with the height, so despite Super Pie liking that I generally won't always.

But we have sat in the Pavis for years and very few people actually spoke, whereas I do talk to people in the Kop and have made friends there.

I normally a few where I sit by name and face, however I can't say I do a lot of talking (unless spoken to).

--

Away games are great for floating around, however you can tell a lot of fans purchase tickets around the same time or within the same area (not on purpose).

I had the perfect spot when I used to attend, I still have some of my season ticket stubs.

They use plastic cards nowadays right? I cannot be having done with that. I am a traditionalist but I used to know the families and supporters in the seats around me. You could guarantee seeing the same people week in and out.

Same area, same seat in the main stand half way up behind the visiting dugout just before the executive area.  Brilliant view from there, I've never liked watching football from behind the goal.  I go on my own, but have got to know half a dozen or so ST holders around me over the years, so there's always someone to share an opinion with.

I also sit in the main stand with my mum, we sit about 5 rows up from the home dugout, by the tunnel. We talk to a few people around us, Jackie, Alan, Mark, @tonyhateley as he sits on the same row, and there's two chaps behind us who we always have a few friendly words with too. We also meet up with a couple of friends in  The Nav before the game, who sit in The Kop. 

5 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

High up in the Pavis, in line with final third towards the Family stand

Nowadays I'm behind the goal in the family stand with my lad, whereas I used to be on the back row of the County Road Stand for years (above the E in magpies), in which there was a group of us who got to know each other quite well.

I used to sit in the Pavis stand near the home dugout, myself and my family didn't like that part of the stand but when we moved @cheeky~k8 was unsure about relocating into the kop.

I spent several games resigned to the family stand due to my knee trouble, which I did enjoy once people warmed up to someone signing. Haha

All it takes is a few people to join in and it becomes very lively, regardless of numbers.

I used to always sit in the same seat in the Kop, which I loved, as I made loads of pals. I do miss it there, and when we scored Kop end, it was amazing! A happy, lively, positive group of people, most of which I'm still in contact with.

Now I always sit in the same seat in the Main Stand, and never swop my seat. It's a much better overview but I do feel a pillock singing on my own sometimes. I talk with everyone around us. Couldn't imagine enjoying the day nearly as much without the chat and catching up with everyone. 

Made some lifelong pals down the Lane, though there's also a tender spot between my shoulder blades.. ;-)

Archived