Alan Hardy may pull of potenial takeover

Chris

Duel poll folks, please take time to answer both questions...  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer a local businessman/fan to purchase Notts?

• Yes
    • Depends on investment
    • I just want a owner who can take us forward regardless of money
    • No
  2. 2. Does having money really matter?

• Of course it does!
    • Yes, but there are bigger aspects in a takeover.
    • I'm undecided
    • No, it doesn't matter provided it's spent wisely!

Duel poll folks, please take time to answer both questions and leave a comment adding your opinion. I am interested to see all views, don't worry about what others may think - just have your say. As a community we can accept opinions regardless!

It's being reported that Alan Hardy may step-a-side from trying to purchase #NottsCountyIn the past few days, the club...

Posted by

Pride of Nottingham (Unofficial Notts County Fan Site)

on 

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait and see. As there's such a lot of money at stake, I wouldn't surprised if there's some posturing going on from both sides.

Am I the only one who finds it strange that now that Alan Hardy is in negotiations with RT about the valuation of the club, there is suddenly talk about unnamed billionaires queueing up to buy us? Whether there's any truth in it or not, they may have been put into the public arena to concentrate AH's mind a little. And by the same token, AH is now trying to call RT's bluff.

It's a bit reminiscent of haggling at a Turkish market stall, with Ray Trew the trader, Alan Hardy the potential buyer and Notts County being the dodgy Adidas shorts with slightly wonky stripes. I reckon after a good deal of posturing they'll agree on a price and AH will get his bootlegged shorts.

36 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

It's a bit reminiscent of haggling at a Turkish market stall, with Ray Trew the trader, Alan Hardy the potential buyer and Notts County being the dodgy Adidas shorts with slightly wonky stripes. I reckon after a good deal of posturing they'll agree on a price and AH will get his bootlegged shorts.

Is the other potential buyer real and not just a poly?

Why would anyone in the right mind want to keep someone who resigned blaming the fans for the god knows how many time? It does not make business sense. If money is available from a perspective buyer that is not a bad thing. A deal between Hardy and the other could work out better if it's true, no?

As I stated on another thread......it seems strange that we were top of the table with £7 million in debts.....valuation/selling price = £1

Now we are below mid-table, with substantially more debt......queues of people discussing £8 to £10 million?

Money isn't everything, but it helps. As long as the new owner can get a shrewd manager in place and quick, then it doesn't matter so much. Put together a winning side and the gates will rise to make Notts a viable purchase, but we will never be in profit.

So, if someone like Hardy can afford to lose between 1-2 million per year, then he will do for me as he seems to know the game very well and loves Notts.

there are 5 Danish billion Aires in the world supposedly the Danish rumour before was the same guy who had other buisness issues pop up when he was intrested before.

Now the American Indian family who have a chain of restraunt sin America don't know much about them how much there worth etc etc so we have hardy the Danish billionaire the American lot that's 3 there is apparently 7-8 buyers. 

Whose the others then they haven't been mentioned and hardy stepping aside is a good move he is basically callin trees card and saying you have a billionaire let's see it then like he said he is a fan and a billionaire taking on the club would be great.

If that person has a football knowledge and spends on good players we will have financial power to be one of the bigger hitters in the league.

But I think hardy has done the smart thing I rekon he would have made trew a offer he'd be silly not to he's a fan and wants the club he can see with his own eyes how bad the football is an how bad of a state the clubs in unfortunately.

But I rekon he will wait now to see if the billionaire is A) real and egxists and if he does egxist and wants the club like hardy said he hasn't got that money to compete in a bidding war.

Or it could be B ) Trew saying all theses billionaires want the club to either knock the price up more a marketing tactic so hardy is doing the right thing callin his bluff basically and saying lets see this millionaire then so now we play the waiting game as apparently the Danish buyer has made a offer according to BBC and some other sites 

12 hours ago, tarquinbeech said:

As I stated on another thread......it seems strange that we were top of the table with £7 million in debts.....valuation/selling price = £1

Now we are below mid-table, with substantially more debt......queues of people discussing £8 to £10 million?

I don't think he expects 8-10 million at all as alieen said on here he hasn't valued the club no were near that price tag as it won't happen 

14 hours ago, waldorf said:

Is the other potential buyer real and not just a poly?

Why would anyone in the right mind want to keep someone who resigned blaming the fans for the god knows how many time? It does not make business sense. If money is available from a perspective buyer that is not a bad thing. A deal between Hardy and the other could work out better if it's true, no?

a lot of people would buy us just to have a status of oldest football club in the league but mr Fullarton is doing his best to take that status away.

So that's why we may be more buy able if we didn't have that status Jesus we'd be doomed 

15 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

Wait and see. As there's such a lot of money at stake, I wouldn't surprised if there's some posturing going on from both sides.

Am I the only one who finds it strange that now that Alan Hardy is in negotiations with RT about the valuation of the club, there is suddenly talk about unnamed billionaires queueing up to buy us? Whether there's any truth in it or not, they may have been put into the public arena to concentrate AH's mind a little. And by the same token, AH is now trying to call RT's bluff.

either way the Americans are speaking to trew aswell don't forget there intrested to and also on match talk trew did fly to Copenhagen a belive slater and David Jackson were saying.

They belive he met the mystery Danish man then and he didn't spill any info about what had been said etc if it's true great it could very well be a tactic to bump that price.

its like selling anything youl always say such and such has offered so much when really they ain't so I agree with you hardy is better calling trews bluff and saying go on then let's see this billionaire.

And if there is no billionaire or billionaire buyers someone looks silly

13 hours ago, tarquinbeech said:

Unlike 2010, most of our debt is presumably to one man - Ray Trew. So if AH pays the 7, 8 9 million or whatever, RT cancels the rest of the debt. That seems most logical to me anyway, no way is the club itself worth that much.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2016 at 07:46, Modern Fan 1862 👍 said:

a lot of people would buy us just to have a status of oldest football club in the league but mr Fullarton is doing his best to take that status away.

So that's why we may be more buy able if we didn't have that status Jesus we'd be doomed 

It means nothing if you do not what know what to do with the title.

In football being the oldest club in professional football just highlights the misfortunes of the club. There have been happier times supporting Notts but under the current regime our history will continue to be unkind.

I have no idea who it is I don't think anyone does really a lot of fans are saying its hardy and he's a fraud on Twitter etc.

Others are saying if it's hardy we will be in admin in a year or so not sure how these fans know things or claims against him.

I just hope whoever buys us has the right intentions and structure to move us upwards 

42 minutes ago, Modern Fan 1862 👍 said:

I have no idea who it is I don't think anyone does really a lot of fans are saying its hardy and he's a fraud on Twitter etc.

Others are saying if it's hardy we will be in admin in a year or so not sure how these fans know things or claims against him.

I just hope whoever buys us has the right intentions and structure to move us upwards 

How is he a fraud? I'm not sure I understand how this is coming across.

Considering he's the only one who's been open and genuine about his interest. Nobody knows if we will be going into admin under the next ownership, for all we know - we may do well in the cups and have a good run. It's all about how money is invested to what is re-crouped.

Agree with intentions.

I've seen a lot of the twitter comments and can't understand where it has come from regarding Hardy, is it the fact he's not a billionaire that's upsetting people? If money is invested correctly you don't need Abramovich style cash, we just need a decent background structure.

Let's see if we here anything by the end of next week, my money is that we wont as there will be a 'snag'.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

I've seen a lot of the twitter comments and can't understand where it has come from regarding Hardy, is it the fact he's not a billionaire that's upsetting people? If money is invested correctly you don't need Abramovich style cash, we just need a decent background structure.

Let's see if we here anything by the end of next week, my money is that we wont as there will be a 'snag'.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Agreed. I would prefer Hardy rather than unknown Yanks/Chinese/Arabs/ any other nation. We know roughly what we'd get with Hardy, and he'd have the club best interests in mind when making decisions. OK, he doesn't have billions, but with the right decisions he doesn't necessarily need them. The Trews have proved that throwing cash at the issue without making the right decisions ends in disaster. 

Archived