Does Liam Noble deserve a new deal?

Chris

What do you think? Should Notts offer him a new deal?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Does Liam Noble deserve to be offered a new contract from Mark Cooper?

• Yes! He's a good player.
    • If Mark Cooper extends his stay, yes.
    • Only if he improves his performances.
    • No, I think we should let him go.

Difficult one.  Noble is a definite asset when playing to his ability, but he has had more than his fair share of anonymous games this season, so I went for the  "Only if he improves his performances" option.  Maybe the poor games have been down to being played out of position, but a central midfield with him and Aborah or Thompson seems too lightweight for me.  On balance I would offer him a contract, but would like to see a bit more consistency next season.

I do feel his potential will do someone the world of good, we have seen it in spells but it's hard as a player to become consistent when there is so many variables.

He needs to nail his shirt, re-find the eye for goal and just spark the players around - if he can encourage the midfield he would be a true leader and dynamic midfielder. Against Mansfield at home (I won't mention the score) he had the qualities on show which I speak of.

We need it back.

I would give him a new contract based on what he can do, but I think he will need someone alongside who is able to do the donkey work that he struggles with.

As a central midfielder, I think we would struggle to sign 2 or 3 more that are better than him.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Archived