where do you stand now on notts?

liampie

have you forgotten all of the turmoil last season at the club? where do you stand on the situation now?

i am seeing a lot of fans arguing on social media about not getting behind the club, where you also see certain fans claim that everything is perfect now we have proven manager, plus a budget. does anyone know actually know for sure if we do have a good budget? then you have people who for mostly the right reasons disagree to move on the matter. i want positivity but last season to much happened for me. i think we have to make the most of the club, with it not looking likely to be sold and i wonder if it ever would have been. yet the disappointment needs resolving, i have decided to try and be a bit more optimistic but i have not forgotten.

I'm the same, I haven't forgotten but I'm trying to be optimistic for next season, I think things are going the right way, we have a decent CEO and a manager that knows this division inside-out, last season was diabolical and we were lucky not to have been in the relegation battle, but what's done is done and cannot be changed so we might aswell get behind the team and just hope for the best

@ohstanleyaborah i dont agree with the fans who say that not coming on board is hurting the club, it was hurt last year and it was the fans that made the difference.

but as you say its about moving on and trying to see how the season goes from here. i am worried that if we start poorly, we may see another dummy thrown out and then notts spirals into chaos but provided that dont happen i am there supporting the club. 

I think to a degree it's to be expected.

Some will not think about the long term aspects, whilst only thinking about right now - both are important and provided the rumours regarding us being in debt aren't true, I think every fan has to put their own feelings first but without continuing the matter. For example, @Dripsey3 is quite out spoken and quite rightly so, his views have no impact on matters but solely express his feelings.

Whereas I have seen the opposite, plus noticed how people attempt to play on matters (some who could be good politicians).

Personally, I just want to focus on a fresh start - I do not care who owns Notts, provided we are being cared for and the bills are paid on time. I can dismiss the last couple of seasons, as it's bound to see change but I hope this season is that year we have a push for promotion.

Notts needs to be playing in League One and building for life in the Championship.

So my focuses are trying to support the club, politics I try to avoid, mostly because I find it frustrating and tiresome.

I think the clubs lucky that most fans will just resume their support regardless but this should be acknowledged, not used against fans. I am also looking forward to the new season, good signings will help and I just hope lessons have been learnt on the back of last year.

Last season we were a disgrace from top to bottom, but that's over now. I want our owners to step back and let our first team management do their jobs, and to be fair that's what appears to be happening so far. In my mind the board's job is to create the conditions in which the team can flourish. If they do that, I for one won't care about who said what in the past.

Like @liampie I'm a bit concerned about the reaction should things go wrong - will we face another round of recriminations on social media and yet another downward spiral? But the best way to unite everyone is by achieving success on the pitch, and the new keeper and some of the names being talked about so far make me hopeful.

For me, opinions must be understood by all parties.

It makes a valid discussion, one which most likely wouldn't be seen as supportive but it gives people a chance to come on board or to just have the say. Fans need to have their feelings expressed, provided it's done with care and understanding - I wouldn't dismiss anything said.

@liampie and @DangerousSausage make two interesting points.

Re: Social Media (it can be a good thing) and reactions.

13 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

13 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

Last season we were a disgrace from top to bottom, but that's over now. I want our owners to step back and let our first team management do their jobs, and to be fair that's what appears to be happening so far. In my mind the board's job is to create the conditions in which the team can flourish. If they do that, I for one won't care about who said what in the past.

Like @liampie I'm a bit concerned about the reaction should things go wrong - will we face another round of recriminations on social media and yet another downward spiral? But the best way to unite everyone is by achieving success on the pitch, and the new keeper and some of the names being talked about so far make me hopeful.

Agree with the comments of the above mentioned, last season was a horror show for sure , opinions ran high and with good reason so maybe not easy to brush off , me personally speaking support ncfc and as such if lessons have been learnt and forward progress is happening then I for one will be behind the club lock stock and smoking barrel , I see some good steps having been made already in my view so let's hope it continues into the season no matter how it goes early doors let's hope we pick up momentum and have a lot better season, I feel we will , coyp 

I think the most important thing is to not panic if we don't have the best start, for once I just hope we don't start calling for the managers head if we aren't top at Christmas, Barnsley were bottom at Christmas and I believe they stuck with their manager and then got promoted, last season I think the fans as a whole had a small part to play in how bad we were, the fans were amazing for the most part but when we weren't winning games under Ricardo many fans were calling for his head and that sparked the downward spiral, I think as long as we put last season to one side and stick by the manager then we will do fine

Supporter+

I'm like a broken record at this stage, but new owners would be best all round. The current owners are far from stable. The smallest setback sends them into either attack mode or sulk mode, with toys from the pram flying in all directions.......

It looks like we are stuck with each other so it will be an uneasy alliance. We best thread softly lest we awaken the unstable beast......

18 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

I'm the same, I haven't forgotten but I'm trying to be optimistic for next season, I think things are going the right way, we have a decent CEO and a manager that knows this division inside-out, last season was diabolical and we were lucky not to have been in the relegation battle, but what's done is done and cannot be changed so we might aswell get behind the team and just hope for the best

I may have to disagree on the CEO. The abandonment of "The Bench" initiative is actually going to cost me money... £69 of programmes versus one free match ticket, not exactly brilliant value and the cost of administrating the process for the free match ticket may well be cumbersome for the club.

Having said that at least the CEO has helped appoint a proven manager, more than the last CEO ever did 

18 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said: I'm the same, I haven't forgotten but I'm trying to be optimistic for next season, I think things are going the right way, we have a decent CEO and a manager that knows this division inside-out, last season was diabolical and we were lucky not to have been in the relegation battle, but what's done is done and cannot be changed so we might aswell get behind the team and just hope for the best

I may have to disagree on the CEO. The abandonment of "The Bench" initiative is actually going to cost me money... £69 of programmes versus one free match ticket, not exactly brilliant value and the cost of administrating the process for the free match ticket may well be cumbersome for the club.

Having said that at least the CEO has helped appoint a proven manager, more than the last CEO ever did 

I forgot he was the one that got rid of it!

Archived