John Sheridan's work so far

I'm happy so far. Last season we signed a clutch of players who were unproven in the English game or had little first team experience. This time JS has complemented them with battle-hardened players with proven pedigree. There are no box office signings, but that's not really what you need at this level. It'll be interesting to see whether he can mould them all into a team.

But this is really only gossip - what really counts is how we do come August.

Things are ticking over nicely, I am mindful of a few areas which could become our undoing but largely I am happy.

The club under Sheridan and perhaps to some degree the new CEO seems to have close the door on the negativity of last season, so its important for the club to move forward carefully and wisely. I have to say I was a little sceptical of John Sheridan at first, however he's gone about his business in a sensible fashion and if its true that some of the players we have tracked haven't been fit/or had the right attitude - well, at least he is identifying them.

Pre-season games will be an eye opener but much of what people see shouldn't go very far to saying much.

I think at least 10 games in we'll know far more than a handful of games which the majority will not take seriously, but that said I have confidence in JS and how he is going about things. I still think he should focus on the whole squad, rather than the loop holes we had from last season - I keep saying how signings constantly change the dynamics of a side and watching players train is only part of the solution to figuring out matters, yet there's time for further signing.

The club for me right now isn't remotely in my mind, I am focusing on the team but the politics seem to have died down even if some are still boiling over.

well there is pressure on notts to do better, if it dont happen we will see a repeat of the last seasons melt down.

i cant judge sheridan but i am happy, he deserves my support and that is what he is going to get. if we struggle or do well he will have it. i dont want to see us change managers this season so i think he is going about building well because he is signing player who should make an impact from the off. not grow during the season as it gets going.

Archived