Poor Programme

themightymagpies

A major step backwards in production values. Media department and CEO should hang their heads in shame. I am still annoyed by the loss of the inclusive programme with the season ticket. The free match ticket is likely to be an administrative burden to implement and cost as much in staff time too. 

There will be no prizes for this programme and a likely financial lost revenue stream, as I will refuse to purchase in future in its shabby production value state.

Supporter+

The media side has been on the decline since Ralph Shepherd left. He did Trojan work.

I'm not going to bother purchasing any myself, which I normally do - very disappointed myself by the quality.

The retro look reminds me of something else, the paper feels really low quality and several people mentioned that it's something you would find in the non-league (which I must say appears to be true). At half time, everyone I spoke to mentioned how things are going down hill and it's a shame because the programme has always been worthy of reading. Hopefully, we may see changes implemented due to feedback.

Think of the plus side, most people will be saving £3 and considering the other reductions it makes things a lot more affordable.

@super_pie enjoyed his half time out dog, so the money will still be spent on Notts.

17 hours ago, Riverleeno said:

Haven't really read through it yet, just used it to check the players numbers. One mistake though was the cover where it says we are the world's oldest football club. Thought that was Sheffield FC? I liked the subbuteo style graphic though for the kits.

As @Riverleeno points out, shabby production value reinforced as Sheffield FC are in deed the world's oldest football club. How can anyone in the Media department miss this? Incredible naivety.

Having a look through it now and it looks like player sponsorships have massively declined, alot of the programme is just chip paper and they even have the cheek to show the kit with a coming soon stamp on it, baring in mind its 2 weeks into the season and we are yet to hear anything

Match day programmes are a thing of the past, got 23 of them last season and didn't read any of them.

Not for me, I'm old fashioned, I expect a programme from every match I go to. Long may they continue, but I expect value for money which Notts' isn't this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a look through it now and it looks like player sponsorships have massively declined, alot of the programme is just chip paper and they even have the cheek to show the kit with a coming soon stamp on it, baring in mind its 2 weeks into the season and we are yet to hear anything

Unless I missed it there was nothing about how much kit sponsorship cost either.

Nor about the referee. Slipshod effort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ivansneck Costings are on page 52, next to the list of sponsors. I've read the programme today and I don't think its any worse or better than last year. I enjoyed reading Colin Slater's letter to Sam Allardyce, finding out a bit about Adam Collins and the photo of Pedro Richards. However it could do with somebody proof reading it, and is it worth three quid? 

Obviously I haven't had the chance to see the programme yet. I really like the retro look of the cover though. If it really does claim that we're the world's oldest football club that is SHOCKING. Most football fans know what the oldest club is.

I wouldn't worry too much about player sponsors, that's always pretty bare at the start of the season.

I used to buy a programme religiously at every match, but I stopped when my cupboard was full of them. Now I think they are too expensive and have so many pages I usually don't even get round to reading it all. A 30-page programme selling at 1.50, with the focus on quality rather than quantity, would be fine. Some other clubs have gone down this route already.

1 hour ago, DangerousSausage said:

Obviously I haven't had the chance to see the programme yet. I really like the retro look of the cover though. If it really does claim that we're the world's oldest football club that is SHOCKING. Most football fans know what the oldest club is.

I wouldn't worry too much about player sponsors, that's always pretty bare at the start of the season.

I used to buy a programme religiously at every match, but I stopped when my cupboard was full of them. Now I think they are too expensive and have so many pages I usually don't even get round to reading it all. A 30-page programme selling at 1.50, with the focus on quality rather than quantity, would be fine. Some other clubs have gone down this route already.

Quite a few regulars have told me they don't feel the price is fair, this is people who have loyally sponsored players for years.

It does seem steep, as I have spoken to Walsall and Rotherham about another project and I could pay for that and slightly go over but I would be getting value (plus two different players). I really think Notts and the new CEO needs to look at the value and how they can get supporters back on board. Everyone I've ever spoken to about it, has told me that it should be 'fans' and not businesses with little interest in the club.

In fact same person as I mentioned first, told me that many of these companies stopped attending games last season.

On 15/08/2016 at 12:03, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Didn't RT get rid of the entire media department and bring in some posh kid? 

same thing happened with the team, have you seen or heard how posh hewitt seems? the programme is crap this year. :(

As the Football League has re-branded and to make it clear to people (or potential investors) who might not understand the whole Football League (now EFL) structure I would suggest for the programme 'Notts County - The World's Oldest Professional Football Club'.

• 3 weeks later...

I took a decision to buy another programme yesterday to see if things have improved... Well View from the Press Box content can only be best described as abject filling by a perceived Forest supporting reporter, with no apparent "love" for Notts. @erindoors do the contributors get paid for this? I am sure that individual Notts supporters could do a better job and make it a more worthwhile read.

Lack of quality reporting already exposed in the Media Department...

Our apologies, it was rather frantic here. The penalty wasn't saved, it was straight onto the post and behind for a goal kick.

78' #Notts 1-2 Grimsby: Penalty saved. O'Connor steps up and side-foots against the woodwork.

Trips to Specsavers envisaged for Media Dept this week :D

Archived