DangerousSausage

Is anyone else worried about this shocking crowd for the first game of the season? I wasn't expecting many after Yeovil but this is surely one for the record books.

I've just had a look at our crowds for 2005-06, which was our second season in our last spell in this division. Back then, after a disappointing first season following relegation we put our faith in an experienced manager to turn things around (sound familiar?). His name was Gudjon Thordarson.

Our attendance for the first home game that season was 4382 against Wrexham. But that was on a Tuesday night! That season we actually got only one crowd lower than Saturday's - 3710 against Wycombe on 14 February, again a Tuesday. Saturday's attendance was actually worse than every single Saturday attendance in arguably our worst ever season. It's lower than all the curtain-openers under Thompson/McParland and compares with the very worst under McParland's reign of terror.

Hopefully we can get 3 points against Plymouth and kick on from there. Otherwise, I fear we're in for a record-breaking season.

I thought the kop looked fairly busy, yet the Pavis and especially the family stand looked barely non-existent.

I'm not worried, I think it's to be expected. The close season - the club committed suicide by holding back and not really being forthcoming with information. Not just our very own @ivansneck has e-mail queries and concerns, yet it seems he is not the only one who hasn't been acknowledged as such. The appointment of John Sheridan rekindled interest, as have some of the signings but there are many who felt that last season was the final straw.

Until we start performing better (which will take time), and we pick up some good wins - it will be the same as we are.

Notts has the potential to win back fans, which is a must - we can't allow this season to go from bad to worse. I am convinced that once we win, things will start to click.

I think it's to be expected. Last seasons first home game was 3825 against another team that brings no fans, Accrington Stanley. People are still away, and others have been disillusioned by the running of the club, it wasn't exactly a great club to support last season, the behaviour of almost everyone involved was terrible, wouldn't be surprised if that put a few off, but hopefully they come back as the season gets in to the full swing. 

1 hour ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

I think it's to be expected. Last seasons first home game was 3825 against another team that brings no fans, Accrington Stanley. People are still away, and others have been disillusioned by the running of the club, it wasn't exactly a great club to support last season, the behaviour of almost everyone involved was terrible, wouldn't be surprised if that put a few off, but hopefully they come back as the season gets in to the full swing. 

Our first home game last season was against Mansfield, over 10,000 were there, including over 6000 home fans. The Accrington match was one of only two Saturday home games with a lower crowd than Saturday. Apart from that you're spot on, I'm not surprised either.

It would be nice to see tackle this head on with some kind of promotion to get bums on seats. But history shows that the best way to get the crowds back is to win matches.

On 17/08/2016 at 00:19, BradtheMiller said:

TBH guys even with this season's reduction £20 is too expensive for L2.

We've been overpaying for years mate, so its something we are used to. At the start of the season it was a great decision but your not the only fan of a different club that has said this to me - if only we had the buzz, togetherness and results to see further improvement.

Archived