Sheridan

eighteensixtytwo

Management is made so much easier when the recruitment is right. Short made the massive mistake of signing Big Ben on a 2 year contract. Chris Kiwomya signed Danny Haynes, Curle signed Enoch,Derry signed Cassidy albeit on loan and Harrad (why :D ) Moniz signed McLeod ( though whether or not he was a Brano identified striker we may never know). So many big budget decisions for strikers were wrong. JS has the wealth of experience of seeing teams and identifying players who have played well against you. Brano is very much deemed a failure when his recruitment policy is examined under the microscope.

Whoever came in would have to be given time, Sheridan has made sensible signings and seems to be getting the squad unity up. I can't say I agree with all his calls, who does? But he looks the quality we require and may build good foundations for the club to move forward.

Overall he's just the steady option, but I do know some of our fan Base are harder to win over.

Let's hope he keeps getting the points we need and gets the players doing well.

I questioned Rodman when he came in as he has spent most of his career at non league, also Duffy was about to drop into non league as well, but he has done OK, nothing more. Collin looked as though he would be a quality signing based on his experience, but his confidence appears to be very low at the moment and his all round game is not great.

I think looking through the signings, you would have so far expected much better of O'Connor, Dickinson and Forte, although Forte is out of position. Tootle has been his best signing so far and Oliver has done OK as a change of style impact player.

Looking through the squad, I still think we will finish in the top half and that will be progress. He needs to find his best XI soon though and I don't believe that Rodman, Collin and Oliver are part of our best XI.

Sheridan needs two seasons at least to sort Notts out, so we have to be patient with him which is not something the board and Notts fans have been great at!

Archived