is things starting to click?

liampie

Once we score, we are different team.

The issue is the woeful defending, I know people will say if we attack - we'll score but this isn't the case. We attacked the first half and never looked like scoring against Orient (in my opinion). Second half we looked much sharper but I still felt we looked destined to draw or possibly have it taken out of our hands - you know how it is with Notts when we look okay but fail to find the net.

But I have always said that it will take several games, 7 or so in order for things to settle.

I do feel we may be on the verge of more consistency but the squad must pull together. If we can get a few more wins without losing under our belts, then things will naturally start to improve but there is still work. I have no faith in Collin, he looked like a fish out of water and largely went untested.

We need to see how we play against a side that really take the game to us, that is when we struggle - just look at Accrington for example.

Rodman is supposed to be the creative spark, but I haven't seen any yet! Collin did at least try to come for a couple of crosses on Saturday through a crowded box, but his punching was poor to say the least, he needs to work a lot harder than he is doing and needs to open his mouth more. Goalkeepers see everything on the pitch and he needs to be bellowing as to where and when that threat is coming.

Midfield was looking much better on Saturday with the extra man in there and that is how we need to play at the moment as we have no natural wide players in the side (nobody likes Genaro for some reason) and we definitely don't have two that are good enough, or quick enough to play in the centre on their own.

352 looks to be the one formation that will work for us, so we have to stick with it for now, at least until January when we might be able to offload some more players in order to freshen up the squad. 

I still think top 12 finish, playoffs if we can find the missing pieces in January.

Archived