• Police Scotland
  • Avon and Somerset
  • Essex
  • Norfolk
  • Warwickshire
  • Derbyshire
  • Devon and Cornwall
  • West Midlands Police

How long before we find out that it is very club in every police area?

Is there no end to football's degredation?

Up to a point it is a relection on society, but some sections are better at preventing it. Football (and the Catholic Church) seem more interested in covering up than protecting children.

It's now 55 clubs according to The Observer...

It's shocking, but we can at least be glad that it's finally coming out into the open. Shocking that Chelsea attempted to cover it up just three years ago, there need to be consequences.

I remember reading an article by a Notts youth coach years ago saying that he often had to accommodate young players at the family home. While I am not suggesting any wrongdoing in this case, youth coaches up and down the country have clearly been taking advantage of this level of access. We need to make sure it never happens again.

It's either a good or bad thing that Nottinghamshire police aren't investigating anything.

Hopefully it remains this way. The story has greatly angered me and I don't really want to go into that. I'm beyond shocked with the story, things like this shouldn't be hidden and anyone who knows about this or is directly involved should be banned from the sport. I don't care how harsh this is, people would have

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2016 at 20:13, ivansneck said:

Not just banned. Jailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure people who didn't come forward but knew what was happening should be jailed, anyone involved in the activities should be.

I'd imagine many young players knew, plus people in various positions but due to the way the world works (bullies tend to win but not in all cases ;)) they didn't come forward because of the hassle attached with it. Really we needed to see this come out sooner, its a shame that this type of stuff gets buried but this does show that we as humans need to be more supportive because that makes a massive difference.

• Chris pinned and unpinned this topic
On 04/12/2016 at 10:57, ivansneck said:

Up to a point it is a relection on society, but some sections are better at preventing it. Football (and the Catholic Church) seem more interested in covering up than protecting children.

It's now 55 clubs according to The Observer...

Because the people involved in covering it up are the biggest purpetrators normally

Archived