Ruben Rodrigues and the Notts lads

KB1862

I saw a video of Macca holding him up whilst out somewhere at night, it didn't look very sensible. I mean it's his free time and after this season I don't blame any of the players to be steamed but to share videos of it isn't good. At least in our benefit, it should put off some of the interest in Ruben, who has his Instagram was full of him talking drunk. It became to the point where even my son was disappointed. @super_pie

I can see the funny side of it, but I also feel that someone needs to get him to tone it back.

• Like 4

i will let him off because its been a good season and since joining us he has been a good player fighting to get us promoted. i do think hes either drunk to much or cant handle it. i hope he has someone sensible around him to make sure hes okay.

• Like 2

Ruben Rodrigues is really living up to the phrase ‘drunk in love’ with his phone! 😂 But seriously mate, take it easy on the booze and social media. We care about you.

Edited by Joshua
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ruben really needs to take it easy on the alcohol when he’s celebrating. I hope this is just a one-time thing because I’ve seen players turn to the bottle and become dependent on it. It’s not a good look for him or the club. He seemed completely out of it in some of the videos I’ve seen.

• Like 1

I think Ruben Rodrigues just got a bit carried away. I understand the concerns, but let’s cut him some slack since we all know how much promotion means to us. It’s up to Luke Williams to make the call, but I think they’re trying to do what Wrexham did with their fans and go out on a bender. I haven’t seen any videos of them being completely out of it though, so it might just be a Notts thing. They should also be careful about who records them because fans can have ulterior motives at times.

• Like 2

I thought Ruben only lost one tooth, but two seems pretty serious. I hope the Wrexham players have apologised at least. Can you imagine him trying to get revenge next season when they play against them at Wrexham? I hope he focuses on his performances if he’s still here.I thought Ruben only lost one tooth, but two seems pretty serious. I hope the Wrexham players have apologised at least. Can you imagine him trying to get revenge next season when they play against them at Wrexham? I hope he focuses on his performances if he’s still here.

• Like 1

I think they're all living it up and being on such a high following what's happened this season, who can blame them? 

It's just great to see them all having a great time. I don't think there's anything more than just abit of fun about what they're doing out there. 

Definitely keeping an eye on social media as it seems to be very entertaining. 

But I do agree with many of your guys points there does need to be a bit of caution about what they're doing. 

• Like 1

Supporter+

They’ve certainly been letting their hair down since the final but they deserve to celebrate after a record breaking season, the worry is they do something silly while under the influence, Ruben in particular seems to have had far too much in the video I have seen.

• Like 1

It's great to see the team really celebrating. They've earned the right to let their hair down a bit especially after the way the last two games panned out. Just a few words of caution,  remember what happened when my team  had a team bonding day not too many seasons ago.I hope someone responsible is keeping an eye on things

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KB1862 said:

@super_ram I remember that fiasco 😂

Wasn't it Richard Keogh that got let go following it? 

Can't blame them for being overjoyed but as most have said has to be cautious. 

Correct @KB1862 What was intended as a team bonding game of 'footgolf' was changed ,due to bad weather, to bowling followed by a meal and  drinks. Most of the squad left fairly early but Mason Bennett, Tom Lawrence and Richard Keogh continued drinking To cut  to the chase they all got drunk and it ended with their car crashing ,fines etc and Keogh injured and unable to play for a year resulting in sacking. There are a few more details but that is basically what happened.  Embarrassment all round and part of the awful last few years at Derby which we are only now coming out of.

• Like 1

Supporter+

These youngsters can’t take their ale can they @super_ram?

Imagine if they tried Theakstones Old Peculier. 😂😮

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

These youngsters can’t take their ale can they @super_ram?

Imagine if they tried Theakstones Old Peculier. 😂😮

Don't forget Tanglefoot and Wobbly Bob to name just two.

Drinking to excess is the problem though, @Fan of Big Tone I don't see the point in drinking so much that it makes you ill, and I think we learn a lesson before it goes too far.

• Like 1

As for Ruben’s videos, it seems that they have all disappeared from public view. While he did appear to be in a bad state in many of the videos I saw, I hope the club understands that if you allow players to drink and let their hair down, some will inevitably get into this state. I don’t think it’s appropriate for players or fans to record incidents where people have had too much to drink. It only takes one incident to make it into the press or elsewhere and all the good work is undone.

• Like 2

The club's media team will be going through Ruben Rodrigues' account, perhaps other players' accounts as well in PR mode. They will be removing any scenes of them having a good time. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, but being too drunk does carry a health risk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’ve seen some videos of the players celebrating after the promotion, but it doesn’t bother me at all. This season was a one-off and so is any drinking. I’m sure Luke Williams will know how to handle it and what to say if anything is needed. They deserve to enjoy this moment after all they’ve been through.

• Like 1

Based on the comments, it seems that Ruben's excessive drinking has raised concerns. While celebrating and indulging in a few drinks is understandable, it appears that Ruben might have overdone it. Such behaviour can potentially cause a multitude of issues. It's important for players to enjoy themselves responsibly and exercise moderation during celebrations, ensuring that it doesn't lead to any adverse consequences.