Lawrence Vigouroux in the Premier League

KB1862

I've kept my eye on Vigouroux for a few seasons now and what I've seen from him, I've been really impressed. Stepping up to the Premier League is a big step but moving to a newly promoted Burnley side might be a good move. 

Speaks volumes about his ability when he's been voted Orients player of the season 3 years in a row. That's impressive considering he's a goalkeeper. 

• Like 5

I can’t say I have heard of him. I may have seen him play, but I just don’t remember. His story is one that I find interesting. Seeing a keeper get that big break, I hope he does well. If he plays as their first choice, it shows our nearest neighbours that you don’t have to throw transfer fees or wages at a keeper.

• Like 3

He's a good keeper in the lower divisions, with better players he could really go on and do well. I can see it taking some time, but his potential has always been floating around. When Liverpool signed him, he was supposed to be the next best keeper, but they never persisted. He did well to drop down, to find a club where he could truly settle. At 29-years-old, this is his chance to shine.

I think if Burnley sticks with him and gives the time needed, he will come good.

• Like 1

@Chris I think he will come good. GKs have the luxury of having prolonged careers so at the age he is he could go on in the Premier League for a while. If he can keep up his performances he shown at Orient, he'll be a hit but on the flip side of things having better players around him will he shine as much as he did at Orient. Not a criticism just you often see players stand out in certain teams cause they're seeing more action. 

• Like 1

Oh for sure, if he does well he will be able to continue for many years to come. Even if the move doesn't work out, he'll get picked up by another club probably in the Championship or League One. He's got a great chance to do something special at Burnley.

• Like 2