cedwyn scott injury

liampie

does anyone have any ideas on what they think forced cedwyn scott to go off? it was definitely his knee, luke williams confirmed this. also, is anyone concerned about the injury itself?

i am sure scott will be okay, but hes such a good asset for the club any extended length out of the team would be gutting to see.

we do have junior morias who can come in, but its not looking good.

• Like 15

I wish him a speedy recovery; my first thoughts were that he may have dislocated his knee. I haven’t heard anything further about his injury, but I am hoping it’s nothing serious. We have cover thankfully, but his absence will be missed as he started to look lively. I also think we would have looked more comfortable in the final result had his injury not happened. Freak accident, such a shame too.

• Like 13

Supporter+

I’m not sure what happened I don’t think it was the result of a tackle he just seemed to start hobbling, I really hope he’s back to full fitness soon, if Langstaff gets injured we are in trouble.

• Like 13

I saw him pull up while he was running, my immediate thought was that his hamstring had gone. It's such hard luck for him as his season hadn't really got going, I hope he's back soon.

Not sure how we'll deal with it if this is longer term. We've seen little of Morias so far, but he must have something about him. But this would leave us with three strikers, one of whom is 35. If things get tight, we do still have the option of playing one up front with Crowley or Jones in behind.

• Like 13

I think players know straight away if it's a bad one, Bajrami made no attempt to play on after his. Scott did try to carry on, and was able to move on it although he struggled. I'm hopeful it isn't going to be a long-term injury, maybe just a few weeks.

• Like 11

Possibly a meniscus tear if it’s the knee which would mean he’ll be out for a few weeks, hopefully not but can still see him being out for a while and I doubt we will know until the next press conference. Not sure where Morias is at the moment with his fitness but noted he did not make the squad yesterday or the previous game.

• Like 12

I am going to make an educated guess and say, I reckon he jolted his knee and it caused a sublux dislocation.

By the way, he held his knee before he went down. Then suddenly seemed to be in a lot of pain but was able to eventually get back up. He never really held onto the back of his leg, or the front. It's possible that he got a stud caught in the grass and that caused the injury, as when he walked he did seem very hesitant to put his foot fully down. He also arched forward at times, where it seemed he cupped his knee.

It could very well be a muscle tear. too, but usually these don't just happen out of the blue.

With him having just come on, I think the sublux theory might be the case as I have been in the same situation many times when I've played football.

• Like 11

I also hope the injury isn’t too serious. Cedwyn Scott is one of the players I believe to be vital to Luke Williams’ plans. He fits well as a starting option, but also someone who can boost games when he comes on from off the bench. It does look quite concerning with how he limped and hobbled off.

• Like 11

The fact that he was able to walk off, albeit with a limp, should be a positive sign. If he’s out for 1-3 months, we should have the cover. It will give Junior Morias a chance to show what he’s got. Given that, it would give Cedwyn Scott the ideal time to recover.

• Like 10

It’s unfortunate what happened to Cedwyn Scott, such an unexpected incident leading to his injury. He’s shown promise both as a substitute and a starter, often being in a position to score for us. I sincerely hope his recovery doesn’t take too long.

• Like 6

Yes, it didn’t look good, but it was positive that he at least walked off. Until we know for sure, it’s hard to say what kind of loss it will be, but ideally, it wouldn’t be long. He is a good piece of the jigsaw that makes Luke Williams’ tactics work. He could easily be starting more than he doesn’t, so it’s a shame for him due to that.

• Like 3

Cedwyn Scott has been ruled out for the foreseeable future with a knee injury.

The forward valiantly attempted to carry on after sustaining the problem in Saturday’s victory over Tranmere Rovers but was ultimately unable to, with scans later indicating that he’s facing a spell on the sidelines.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/scott-injury-300823/

• Sad 3

Not good and gutting for him. It doesn’t sound as bad as Baj’s but I don’t think we’ll be seeing him until the new year. We’re not short of attacking options, just need to get Morias and Randall up to speed now.

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 1