Juventus v Notts ...12 years ago today

Piethagoram

Supporter+

Yes I do remember this, I watched it on TV, I wrote this on my Facebook page:

Never thought I would say this but tonight I am watching Juventus v Notts County live on TV. Eat your hearts out all you tree huggers, spireites, rams, stags, owls and blades.

😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

i watched the game at my dads, it was a very prolonged showing before the game. some really amazing scenery but it made me keen to see the game underway more than anything. i dont think juventus really played to their full potential and were happy to see the game end level. i do think they made notts work, but had they not been as kind they would have destroyed notts.

• Like 6

It was incredible to watch Notts County play Juventus live on TV. Can you imagine if the match hadn’t been televised? The fact that it was broadcast shows how special the game was, as no other friendly match of this kind typically receives the level of coverage that Juve managed to achieve.

• Like 5

I was on holiday at Skegness, we had tried several pubs, but most outright refused to put the game on.

I'll leave this for @super_ram to clarify this area, but it did seem daft that TVs which had the capacity of showing something else would get refused. Especially in quiet areas where nobody else is, but that's some pubs for you.

My mum really wanted to see the game and I were rushing around pushing her wheelchair between @cheeky~k8 and my dad.

We ended up going to Churchill's, where they agreed to put the game on for us. The bar staff were joking at times about turning it off, which is banter my mum would never refuse to tell them off for saying. It was funny. I know, one of them was actually a Forest fan who at times I recall the other staff member telling him off for watching the game! 😂 Quite a few others who were Notts fans joined us.

The ceremony did take forever, but it was amazing. I imagine being their live it would have been a lot more impressive.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I remember this, I think I watched it on my computer as Juventus had set up a live stream? Must have been an epic occasion for the couple of hundred or so of us who were there.

We were obviously fixated on the match, but really it was an exhibition match at the end of a big programme of events. Even so, playing against a team of genuine superstars must have been unforgettable for the team who played that day.

• Like 3

I travelled to Turin for the opening match and spent a few days in Italy. The Juventus fans were wonderful; one of the families I met invited me to join them for a meal at their home the day after the match. It was an impressive feast, featuring all the classic Italian dishes and enjoyed in good company. I never discovered if they were part of the Italian Magpies. As for the match itself, Notts seemed out of sorts for the most part. I concur, Juventus were gracious hosts and didn’t play to their full potential. Otherwise, we wouldn’t have had a chance to score.

• Like 2

I didn’t attend the game, but I did watch it at home. It was a great day and a proud moment. I wished the Danish brothers owned us at this point because I think our friendship would have been forged more closely with souvenirs from the day most likely being bought by them so that they could remain with the club.

• Like 1

I don’t recall this, as I would have been too young at the time, but I am aware that we played them. It must have been fantastic to travel to Italy to witness us assist in the inauguration of the Juventus stadium. I’ve found this topic quite intriguing.