Jesse Debrah signs

Piethagoram

Think we've missed out on one here. He would've been perfect for the RCB role in the back 3. 

Aggressive, quick and good at bringing the ball out from the back. 

Having said this, we've adapted well with Brindley and Baldwin swapping and we've added Tipton and Macari to cover, both of whom seem to have a decent amount of pace on them. 

• Like 6

Jesse Debrah is a talented player, but life goes on. Port Vale have acquired a very capable defender who should be a valuable asset in League One. It’s important to remember that some players, particularly younger ones, choose League One as it’s just one step away from the Championship. Having spent time in the National League, he’ll be keen to progress, and there’s always a risk associated with League Two. If he can make a good impression in L1, it could be a significant boost for his career. I don’t blame him for making the move.

• Like 5

I’m not particularly concerned. There have been numerous instances where fans have expressed hope for a player to sign, only for them to turn out to be a let down. We need players who align with our style and can develop alongside us. Perhaps the club doesn’t believe Debrah fits this mould? Maybe his wage demands were too high or he wasn’t even on our radar?

• Like 2

As for Jesse Debrah, I’m not concerned about missing out on him. I suspect he demanded a significant wage, and unless he was going to be a starter, that might be the reason. I can’t say whether we approached him as I don’t know, but I think it’s unlikely.

• Like 1