Welcome Morton Johansen

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

Welcome to PoN @Morten Johansen please make yourself at home it’s good to have you here.

• Like 21

Hello guys,

Thank you for your warm welcome.

So how did I end up here on PON?

As you may know, Norwegians are crazy about English football, especially the Premier League. I'm no exception. However, my interest for the Premier League is fading. I love quality fotball and you might even argue that the level of the Premier League has never been better.

But.... It's heavily watered down. Clubs are sold to sheiks and seem to splash enormous amount of money on mediocre players. Players are rolling around acting and crying even after the slightest touch. And if a player is unfortunate making a mistake it´s spread across social media within minutes leading to a massive slaughterhouse of abusing and threatening words.

In 2021 I came across an article published on a Norwegian website with the translated title "Notts County are coming back". I´m 30 years old, so my knowledge about the club was limited to the knowledge of my father, who has followed English football from the 80´s and onwards. After reading the article I was very intrigued. What a rollercoaster of a history, especially in terms of ownership. Then I started watching interviews and press conferences of the Reedtz brothers. This is how a club should be run. Low profile and down to earth owners who aim to run the club in a self-sufficient way. Excellent transfer policy, which again hits the spot with names like McGoldrick and Crowley. Appointing managers that fits the long term vision. LW is doing a great job.

But what I love the most is that the players are working for each other and the fans. I now which to connect more with the supporters. This is a good start.

Tomorrow is a new match. My one year old daughter will wear her full kit and we will all be cheering for this wonderful football club.

Take care,
Morten

• Love 14

Hiya @Morten Johansen,your self introduction is very interesting.You will enjoy this site too,welcome to PoN

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...