Subscribing to Pride of Nottingham

Supporter+

I decided to subscribe to PoN after reading another forum which was full of annoying adverts, it made me really appreciate PoN, adverts are a useful source of income which helps with the running costs of websites and forums which for a site like this can be very expensive and for a forum/website to be ad free is very unusual and means funding must be found elsewhere.

So if (and only if) you can afford a few pounds a month to help @Chris and his team continue the excellent work on here then I urge you to click the link below and look at the options. Every member is of course valued whether you can afford to subscribe or not.

https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/subscriptions/

• Like 3
  • Love 8

Thank you, @Fan of Big Tone.

Not everyone will be in a position to subscribe but those that can, and want to help will be making a considerable contribution towards the sites upkeep. This doesn't mean members can't help in other ways, such as posting and commenting. Even visiting helps! One of the biggest free ways to help, would be to share our content on social media in which you enjoy.

The subscription plans are just a way to help PON, nobody should feel any different.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

It’s not that I can’t or won’t, but at this stage, I’m not considering a membership subscription. I want to be clear, I understand that a lot of effort, resources, time, and money go into a website, and I think Pride of Nottingham is excellent. I hope more active and regular members will support this. For now, I’ll stick to making occasional donations. Good on you, @Fan of Big Tone, for committing.

• Like 8

No need to fret, a membership tier isn’t mandatory, it’s just a way to support the site. If you’re a YouTube fan and subscribe to your favourite channels, you might see them thanking their Patreon supporters. It’s the same here. But unlike YouTube, which mainly requires time, a website has traditional costs that can easily reach double digits per month. I reckon @Chris has done a fantastic job adding value to each membership. It’s rare to see something given in return - usually, it’s just early access to content.

From our internal team chats, I know a lot of time is spent trying to cover costs, which can be hit or miss with donations alone.

There’s nothing wrong with that, but when you have to make sales on top of running a content-rich site, you end up spending more time trying to provide content than actually being able to continue it. This support will give @Chris more time to bring back content like his old media work. That’s definitely worth supporting, I believe.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

when @Chris mentioned this to me i thought it was a very good idea.

it gives people the opportunity to support the site if they are able to afford it, whilst it gives something in return. its not nothing at all or pointless things which most would not be able to use. i think its a fair level in terms of the tiers.

i will be subscribing after christmas, and i am pleased to have been someone who has donated on a regular basis to support not just pon but @Chris too.

• Love 5

Supporter+

Don’t forget that if you subscribe you can cancel any time if your circumstances change, there are three options £5, £7.50 and £10, I think it’s better than random donations because you don’t have to remember to do it and depending on you level you get something back plus the knowledge you are helping your favourite website/forum.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Thank you to all who have generously donated and subscribed to the Pride of Nottingham. Your support has helped lower our overall donation goal.

We recognise that not everyone can donate or subscribe to our membership tiers.

Nevertheless, each person's contribution is crucial to creating an engaging and compelling PON experience. Without this support, maintaining the site would be challenging.