Player Performance: Who Stands Out in the Starting 11?

AmericanPie

Supporter+

For me it’s got to be Dan Crowley, I think he’s playing below the level he should be, he has a amazing ability to twist and turn out of trouble and the fire in an amazing cross for Langstaff or McGoldrick, if he’s not doing that he’s popping up in the right place to score a great goal himself and he’s scored some great headers for someone who isn’t the tallest player.

• Like 11

Absolutely! Crowley is one heck of a buy and looks to be a player who is far better than L2. It's amazing to think no-one is bemoaning Ruben's absence because they were huge boots to fill. While not being exactly the same player, he creates and scores and works for the team. We certainly lack creativity without him and the understanding he and Nemane have established unlocks defences time and time again. It's even more noticeable when Randall plays and still has some way to go to get that same connection.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

For me, only Dan Crowley and David McGoldrick meet the requirements. perfectly.

This doesn't mean any other players haven't contributed effectively to our current season but no others for me have been that consistent. The reason why I would add David McGoldrick is that without his experience and presence at times we would have struggled more. His ability, even at the age of 35-years-old, has given us not only goals but also someone who has got Notts through tough performances.

However, Dan Crowley is the right choice because he links the defence and attack perfectly. Since the first few games, he's grown into his role and as such his performances have also increased.

He's playing with a lot of confidence, and he's in the prime of his career to see further improvements.

Crowley has been brilliant to watch, but I couldn't just mention him without crediting McGoldrick too.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Supporter+

Nobody mentioned defenders so far. :biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

It's Jodi Jones for me.  He terrorises opposition full backs and creates space for Crowley and Nemane on the other flank.  It's a tough call between the 2 though.  Also John Bostock calms everything down and creates space with his passing.  We have several excellent players who should be playing above L2 standard.

• Like 8

Matt Palmer was a standout player until his injury. David McGoldrick is also worth mentioning, but in the last few league games, Dan Crowley has been playing exceptionally well. That’s why he’s often brought up in discussions. It’s hard to think of anyone else who’s been as consistent. Crowley’s style of play aligns perfectly with our team’s approach.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

if we could get more use from jodi jones on a consistent basis, he would be up there for me but sometimes hes very restrained from what we know he can do. likewise with aaron nemane who for me has improved a fair bit from last season.

dan crowley for me has been the standout performer on the pitch over every games so far.

his foot work, work rate and ability really shines. its not a surprise hes been scoring quite freely due to this.

• Like 6

I hope people don't think we're all related to Dan Crowley when they read this. He's been amazing, a crucial part of what makes this League Two team successful. Luke Williams got a really good squad, but the decision to sign Crawley to work under Williams is a great achievement for the recruitment team. If you look at any home game this season, he's been in the running for Man of the Match most of the time, and he's won it several times.

• Like 8

It was Matty until his injury.  No coincidence that our slight slump in form coincided with his injury.
Dan Crowley for sure - and has been the player who has most impressed the non-Notts fans who have come to games with me this season.
Jodi is a superb player but can be frustratingly invisible at times.  And by his nature, McGoldrick can be quiet for most of the game and then change it with a couple of moments of class.

• Like 8

Dan Crowley is often mentioned because of his significant involvement. Without him, we still have a strong squad, but the contributions are more team-based. Sam Austin can be excellent, but not always. Jodi Jones performs well in most games, but some teams make it difficult by assigning 2 to 3 players to mark him.

Teams seem to struggle to mark Crowley, but just because he’s frequently mentioned doesn’t mean the other players aren’t performing well. They also contribute to Crowley’s consistency.

• Like 5

Dan Crowley is the most consistent player so far. He’s excellent with the ball and gets better as the game progresses. He might be quiet at times, but he’s usually one of the four players that gets us going. Even when others aren’t playing well, he’s still one of the best players on the pitch.

• Like 2

Dan Crowley has been exceptional, making a significant impact in midfield. His league game performances have been far more impressive than what we saw in pre-season, proving to be nothing short of outstanding. I’m hopeful we’ll see further improvement from him, as I believe he has more to offer in terms of his potential.

• Like 1

Dan Crowley is the obvious choice, but in my opinion, he’s the only real answer. I wish we could see more consistency from some of the other players. The team has been performing well, but there have been periods when certain players could have performed much better.

The Notts side has certainly missed Matty Palmer since he became injured and our slump in form happened more or less when he wasn't in the side. Dan Crowley has done well, but since Christmas Jodi Jones has been absolutely outstanding, so he's my number one choice for now.