Academy / youth games

Is anyone else frustrated that they don't want to seem spectators? It's really difficult finding out when games are taking place, and almost impossible to do so any earlier than the morning of the game.

Unless, of course, I'm missing something and one of you kind people can help me...

It would be great to give them some support from time to time.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/02/2024 at 18:10, Simon Clark said:

Is anyone else frustrated that they don't want to seem spectators? It's really difficult finding out when games are taking place, and almost impossible to do so any earlier than the morning of the game.

Unless, of course, I'm missing something and one of you kind people can help me...

It would be great to give them some support from time to time.

i dont like how notts has branched into separate social media accounts, at the cost of the main account sharing the news themselves. i get its important that they do have their own social following but the clubs main account reaches far more people and its very first team focused. i have thought about going to youth team games, but i find it difficult to commit with working hours.

i have noticed that notts play closed door games against bigger teams academies, which makes sense.

many thanks to @Robbie.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Agree @liampie. It's a little hard to track all these accounts for info sometimes.

I'm disappointed that I had to look at another club's report on this game for the result and info.

Notts should have compiled their own report.

• Like 2

The Weekend Action begins today starting with the under 18s today and the B Team on Saturday.

Under 18’s:
🏆 Youth Alliance
🆚 Lincoln City (A)
⏱️ 12:00
🗓️ Friday 23rd Feb
🏟️ The Barrett Steel Stadium, DN17 2TQ.

B Team:
🏆 Friendly
🆚 Brentford FC (A)
🗓️ Saturday 24th Feb
🏟️ Wheatsheaf Park, TW18 2PD

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Robbie said:

The Weekend Action begins today starting with the under 18s today and the B Team on Saturday.

Under 18’s:
🏆 Youth Alliance
🆚 Lincoln City (A)
🗓️ Friday 23rd Feb
🏟️ The Barrett Steel Stadium, DN17 2TQ.

B Team:
🏆 Friendly
🆚 Brentford FC (A)
🗓️ Saturday 24th Feb
🏟️ Wheatsheaf Park, TW18 2PD

Thanks Robbie, this is great info. I agree that it's a pity the main club info doesn't highlight these, it would surely get a few more people there watching. I'll keep an eye on the academy info and hopefully get to a few games before the end of the season.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This is something I have been meaning to go watch, a few Notts fans I know planned, but then things became a bit harder to keep track on. The Academy does deserve our support if fans are free to attend; it gives them some experience of being watched and around vocal noise. This is sometimes part of the nerves going into a match as a youngster, so I think it's great we have fans who do go watch them.

A loyal fan named Dave Fells never misses a game he can attend.

• Like 4

A tweet by Notts County Academy

Saturday’s B Team game vs FFDTV Academy has been cancelled. 

There will be no replacement game for them either.

@NCFC_Academy

@NCFC_Academy

"A 1-0 victory at home for the under 18’s. Yerim Zoko with the goal".

"Not the best performance from the team today, but defended well and Fin Wilkinson in particular keeping the visitors at bay when called upon".