Players out of contract for Notts at end of season

Keep Scott & Baldwin on 2 year deals.

Bostock probably a year, would be two but he has struggled without Matty.

Give a short term deal with an option clause to Baj with the hope he will prove his fitness and value

Offer Jim a player/coach role.

Release Tobi, Brindley and Luther unfortunately, we need better.

• Like 8

Supporter+

I think I pretty much agree with all of that @Fozzy

• Like 5

Agreed @Fozzy, although I can imagine the club making the second year of Scott's contract dependent on a certain number of appearances. I love the idea of him leading the line for us next season, but players who don't play ultimately don't do us any good. We've already signed far too many players who never seem to be fit and don't seem to have learned our lesson with the newcomer from Crewe (hope I'm wrong there).

With hindsight we made a mistake in the summer by putting too much faith in our existing team. It's pretty evident that the squad needs a lot of work doing to it and we need to make room for that. There'll be no post-promotion euphoria next season, and probably no Langstaff either.

• Like 3

Fans are worrying prematurely. It’s too soon to talk about contracts, and our current form is leading to unfair criticism of individual players.

I agree with Sally’s tweet, Cedwyn Scott’s comeback would be significant, and I’m eager for it.

Please, let’s focus on the positives. The team is down, and hearing that fans would let them go is disheartening. Ideally, this could motivate them, but mostly it’s sad. If we were on a winning streak, this wouldn’t even be a topic.

• Like 3

I think there's 3 to 4 players that need to prove themselves.

I believe Luther Munakandafa deserves another season to showcase his abilities. So, what if we have other youngsters? Having a set of players that are wanting to become senior layers is only a good thing and in terms of wages I doubt it's not much to worry about.

At this stage, I won't discuss personally who I would release if I had the power, but it's fair discussion to be had, albeit on the back of our poor form - I think players may be able to use it as a wake-up call. I once told a player that I didn't think they suited playing in a certain role when they communicated with me over my print of them, they told me they had signed a new deal but not in the position we would expect. I thought this wasn't going to end well, but to be fair they worked on it and proved me wrong at least for that season.

Come next season we do need to make sure we have depth and defensive minded players coming in.

A strong defence allows us to focus on our attacks and trust that there is someone in the back who will handle any danger. Talk of being more defensive shouldn't always come at the cost of attacking. It can, but if we signed a real strong defensive minded centre back, with experience we would see some difference. I definitely hope we focus on this, but look forward to seeing strong signings in all departments.

Honestly, I am more concerned that if we do finish mid-table or maybe slightly lower than that. We will lose some of our gems, but that's football, and we need to make players want to perform at their best. Tweeting nonsense to them or being verbal during games won't help this.

• Love 3

i like tobi but hes not very defensive minded, he can make decent crosses and attacks quite well but where does he fit in with the other options we have? we need players like him roaring to go and to make an impact.

brindley always tries, but defensively hes not a centre back.

those are two potential releases. if jim remains as a coach at sheffield united, i doubt he would choose us over them. :( 

• Like 2

I think there needs to be a big shake up down the Lane this off season. This may sound controversial but to be honest , I think there are only a few of the current squad are up to playing at League 2 level. Cedwyn Scott  deserves a new contract, John Bostock maybe but as another fan as said, he looks lost without Matty Palmer. And Luther deserves a new contract then given a run in the team next season to see how he shapes up. The rest sorry they need to be let go. I'd like to see  Jim stay in some sort of coaching role, because in a couple of years or so I can see him in the Big Chair.

• Like 3

New deals

Cedwyn Scott - 2 year deal. See tweet below. 

Aden Baldwin - 2 year deal. I know he has mistakes in him but he is a real big reason we can play out from the back, Mistakes will come with that role in the middle of the back 3.

Geraldo Bajrami - 1 year deal with an option of an extra year. I think Baj still has a part to play. His future is in central midfield. He just needs his passing game to go with his physical side of the game, then we've got a player. His physique since he got his injury is incredible.

John Bostock - 1 year deal. Not the same player since Matty got injured. Still an experienced head to lean on, but maybe not a regular starter anymore

Luther Munakandafa - 1 year deal. This must be his year for progression. He was excellent against Derby. Must find a good National League loan. There's a player in there. We've got to find room for him.

Jim O'Brien - Offer coaching role. Let him continue on his coaching journey but like with Michael Doyle, sometimes you have to move on from the playing side. He's gave his all to this club and we should honor that

Tobi Adebayo-Rowling - Release. It's hard to release players that you have such loyalty to because of their achievements with the club. However, it's now about progression over loyalty and we need upgrades in the squad. His infectious personality is amazing. He's had some good cameos this season. I thought he was excellent at MK linking up with Crowley

Richard Brindley - Release. Thank you for your  efforts and being part of the squad that took us back to the Football League. I truly appreciate how Brinds stayed with us through all four seasons in the National League. Whilst he had an extended spell in the team this term, due to his move to a central role in the back 3, he's been found out at this level. 

• Like 2