Notts v League 2’s Top 10…

menzinho

I didn’t realise so far how badly we’ve fared against the current top 10 this season. We’ve played 12 games against the current top 10 and we’ve won 1, Gillingham away. We’ve drawn with MK once and Barrow twice. The rest we’ve lost. So that’s a current record of PL 12 W 1 D 3 L 8.

Do you think it will improve in the coming weeks? We’ve only got Wrexham to play away from the current 10 and the other 5 remaining games are all at Meadow Lane. Or are you bit worried that the losses will slowly pile up, are the good teams in league 2 this season just too good for us?

• Like 5

i think other teams are in better form than us, right now i think we are in a decline that is going to be difficult to get out of. its not something i am really worried about, as i think being stronger is more important. i would hate for us to go up and to struggle in league one, i mean we might not but injuries have impacted this season. i cant see our form improving massively, i think most games will be draws, with some wins and others ending in defeat.

• Like 2

Wrexham might have an easy time if we don't shape up. I overheard someone saying yesterday that we didn't perform well against higher-ranked teams and those in the top 10. Is it nerves or fatigue? Whatever it is, I believe it will require time, probably the rest of the season, to sort out.

• Like 2

Last season we were usually a class better than our opponents, now we're not. We were always going to have closer games against teams at our own level, and those games are often decided by fine margins.

The match at Gillingham was one example, we won it at the death that day but more often we're not giving ourselves a chance due to our defending. We took the lead yesterday, and if we could have held it for longer, Gillingham would have had to start taking risks and the game could easily have unfolded in our favour. In those games you can't just blast the opposition away, you've got to be able to hold a single goal lead or even a draw.

• Like 2

I don't anticipate much happening this season, but we can assess our progress next season by comparing our results to those performing well. While we may see some areas of improvement, a significant boost might require new additions to the squad.

• Like 1