Euro 2016 qualifiers

Dripsey3

Supporter+

England won 2-0 in Switzerland. That was their toughest fixture on paper so they are looking good already.

Northern Ireland won 2-1 in Hungary. Roy Carroll was in goal. Gives them a decent shot at qualification.

Scotland were unlucky to lose 2-1 in Germany. Anything out of that game would have been a bonus. Plenty of good signs to build on. Rep. Of Ireland are in the same group. We beat Georgia 2-1 away. Great start.

Wales visit Andorra tomorrow.

I can't seem to find anything remotely postive about England, all the comments I've read on Facebook are concerning and even by word of mouth it sounds like England will struggle after the groups over (this is assuming we continue and qualify).

Whilst away on holiday, I briefly watched and we had a couple of good chances.

I'm still not sure Roy is the right man, I don't think he was ever suitable for the position but we have him and need to make the most of it. That said, he hasn't really changed anything apart from being forced to blood young talent.

I am pleased to see Roy featured and Northern Ireland won.

I noticed your comments about Ireland, hopefully they switch to two strikers and play players in the right position but it would be nice to see you or Scotland qualify. I'd quite fancy Ireland to do it.

Much better from England,though still a lot of concern for certain positions.Looking forward to the next round of games to see how the groups develop.

Supporter+

England will qualify with games to spare. Way better than the other teams. A chance to try players out new players in competitive fixtures.

england have not been as bad as people are making out, we just struggle to take our chances and the defence is woeful.

i quite rather scotland after watching their game against germany, i think they played some good stuff. i would bet on either irelands to be honest, not enough quality sadly.

England won 2-0 in Switzerland. That was their toughest fixture on paper so they are looking good already.

Northern Ireland won 2-1 in Hungary. Roy Carroll was in goal. Gives them a decent shot at qualification.

Scotland were unlucky to lose 2-1 in Germany. Anything out of that game would have been a bonus. Plenty of good signs to build on. Rep. Of Ireland are in the same group. We beat Georgia 2-1 away. Great start.

Wales visit Andorra tomorrow.

I think we played well Dripsey. Thank God for McGeady. Looked threatening all game. A solid performance, but I was getting worried the longer the game went on. O'Neill now needs to settle into a rhythm with a tight-knit squad and you never know. We might get through!

Supporter+

Wales scraped past Andorra tonight. 2-1 win. Bale with both goals, the second with 9 mins left. Andorra lead. The pitch didn't help but it masks what was a poor performance.

Supporter+

There's no way Andorra's artificial surface should be used again. Players will end up injured. The ball bobbles all over the place. UEFA need to look at it again.

We have 3g pitches over here, and it bothers me everytime something ( ball or foot ) touches the grass the amount of black stuff that comes up is ridiculous. It just doesn't look right.

Also FIFA has approved 3G for the womens world cup next year. I'm not impressed.

Supporter+

For t

We have 3g pitches over here, and it bothers me everytime something ( ball or foot ) touches the grass the amount of black stuff that comes up is ridiculous. It just doesn't look right.

Also FIFA has approved 3G for the womens world cup next year. I'm not impressed.

That's in Edmonton? 5 out of the 6 pitches are 3G. I know there's a petition going round against 3G at the WC. I hope common sense prevails.

I've played once, awhile back on a outdoor 5-a-side 3g pitch. I twisted my knee only a few minutes in, I was running with the ball to clear it (I was the keeper) and my boots got caught in the grass!

I wasn't a fan of it but I just thought it was a poorer version and to say some of our fans want a 3G pitch!

• 3 weeks later...

England V San Marino tonight.Cricket score?

San Marino - England (quick goal) - YouTube

Don't want this start to the game though!

Supporter+

England made it 2 wins from 2 with a 5-0 win over San Marino. Hard to judge England on games like these but they were poor IMO. Having said that, I expect them to cruise to victory in Estonia on Sunday. It's a poor group. Switzerland lost again and they were England's only real rival in the group. It will be a short hop across the channel to France in 2016....

I personally felt they did very well against San Marino, they made it difficult and scrappy. For me, early on I didn't see how we would score but England managed to break them down. San Marino's keeper actually played very well, he wasn't top class as to be expected but he made some decent saves.

Promising play at times.

Supporter+

Republic Of Ireland stroll past Gibraltar as expected. 7-0. Gibraltar are the worst team I have seen in the Euros.

Scotland beat Georgia 1-0. Up and running in the group.

Republic Of Ireland stroll past Gibraltar as expected. 7-0. Gibraltar are the worst team I have seen in the Euros.

Scotland beat Georgia 1-0. Up and running in the group.

Keane was on fire!

You know absolute radio reported that Gibraltar had gone up 2-1 and then they had to correct themselves by saying it was 3-0 to Ireland. Very funny! Mark Bright is a muppet.

Our Roy saved another pen against Faroe Island.

Supporter+

NI win 2-0 against the Faroe Islands. 6 points from 6. Top of the group.

Supporter+

England win 1-0 in Estonia. 3 wins from 3 but flattering to deceive. Estonia are a poor side who went down to 10 men and England needed a free kick to beat them. Also signs that England's defence are dodgy.

Jack Wiltshire was MOM.

Supporter+

Wales 2-1 Cyprus. 7 points from 9. They looked in control at 2-0, but let Cyprus back into it. Wales then reduced to 10 men but showed real character to hold on.

Archived