Write about why you joined

Chris

Okay, for a chance to win this very fine design and excellent T-Shirt pictured below. I would like you to simply answer the following questions to form a sort of testimonial for this very website.

Joy_navy_1024x1024.jpg?v=1428783137

Quite simple to do and as always, I ask community members to vote for their favourite.

Who ever gains the most votes will win the T-Shirt! The deadline will fall on Monday the 27th at 8pm. I will then inform and contact the winner so that they can claim their prize.

Please answer all four of the following questions.

Why did you join prideofnottingham.co.uk?

What is your main highlight of being a member?

How much have you seen PoN grow during your time?

As a community, what would you say are the three core values to PoN and why?

• Like 7

Wanted to find a new place where other members could have a civilised convo. 

It has to be the Prediction League, I'm slowly, after nearly 18 months getting up there. I can see a Championship run Next Season. The Chatroom Is also a Great place to be for Exiled, Sick, Broke pies.

Immensely, Especially on Social Media. I always use FB and click to Blogs and Articles

Friendly;

Making sure people are welcomed in an enviroment where that is warm, but Firm.

Informative;

Keeping uptodated in regards to all Current affairs &Sports around the World.

Connectability;

Being able to connect with people around the world and see how people live and sttill able to find Notts within the World.

• Like 9

I just performed a quick search for "Notts" on google a short while ago, I came across this site and I like the look of it. Simple to use, user friendly and overall I am impressed by the quality of the "look".

Joining since I am new to the site.

N/A

I would say the three key principles which stand out are quality, no clutter and content.

• Like 6

Cool! Would be a good idea to have the voting once entries have closed though, otherwise those who write later are at a disadvantage.

Just wanted a light-hearted chat about Notts and the world again instead of the vitriol you get on a certain other site. Members (with multiple IDs) using blatantly racist language yet being allowed to carry on there was the last straw. I had heard of PON, had a look and liked what I saw. The site is obviously a labour of love, the layout is modern and clear and the community friendly. Even disadvantaged people such as Derby fans are looked after.

It's yet to come - winning next season's prediction league ;)

The site is clearly still growing. Even in my short time here quite a few people have started contributing. The more the merrier!

Friendliness, solidarity among Notts fans the world over, and spandex.

• Like 11

I joined because it was time I got involved, I have known Joe from home games for awhile and he comes across as someone genuinely trying to help the club. I am quite put off from discussing things online, I much prefer the local or navi to air my views but the approach of the site makes me feel at ease to share my views. Just spending five minutes browsing I saw that my time would be well spent here!

Well I am still new to the site, so nothing as of yet but I am impressed.

I have joined whilst PON has clearly been established with regulars who enjoy their time here, for this reason and the fact I am new I have not seen it grow yet. 

Respect, admiration for the club we support and friendliness (we have opposition fans here!?!).

• Like 7

I'll combat the disadvantage by asking people to check at points whereby I notice several updates, I am sure enough people will re-read what people say because it's actually interesting to see what's said.

Unless anyone disagrees?

I'm going to ask our friendly neighbour photographer to be a judge, since he would want a Notts T-Shirt of course!

• Like 4

The question why didn't I join sooner? Classy site, well ran and structured with fans opinions at mind. I have watched PON grow for a while, I have mainly stuck to the social side of things but I was asked to joined, I like discussing Notts and it makes sense.

Actually being greeted when I arrived with a friendly "hello", being new I am myself also, I have not had many highlights apart from having my picture taken every now and then!

Socially its the place to be, I have seen the site grow and the content makes it different. I hope to see the community grow further as I spend time getting to know the locals here! 

Hard work, togetherness and loyalty to each other.

• Like 8

i had tried elsewhere when i was like 11 or so, i had my head bitten off and i just lurked in the background for years. i found pon by chance, i liked that it was starting up and i noticed the hard work that went into the site, so i knew my views would be welcome. by joining pon i have found myself attending far more games than i had done previously, its given me confidence and somewhere i look forward to visiting. i have no regrets about joining here and i just hope others realize that the community gets stronger when they arrive and post.

winning the member of the month made me feel very proud, i just contribute because i enjoy it and to be praised for my posts, well it was special. esp when i was named it for the second time, it made me realise how much apart of the community i am.

heaps, joe works his socks off and for little credit. i really dont get that because i admire his determination and although he wont like me saying this, the only reason the site grows is because he pushes and works so hard. we just post, he invests his own money and time, so seeing it grow for that reason alone is amazing but it is also well deserved. when i joined there was few active posters but the site was friendly, theres more of us now and we are much bigger than people think. i have seen every side of the site grow and again joe should be credited for his loyalty and passion.

hes actively promoting the club and i would not be here or attending as many games without pon.

dedication, that is the key value but also passion and togetherness.

• Like 10

I forget when I joined but it was during one of the many blackouts of the MAD tend to have. I did not post very often, I used too but the less said about that the better! It's why I'm here so I guess its worth something at least. I noticed quickly that I could post and actually enjoy it, the enjoyment is ten folds any other site I have been apart of.

I also have to say being named Member of the Month stands out but I would praise how the site comes together, its a community here.

I have seen people come and go, yet the site always grows and that impresses me. I have seen the forum take a change of direction but considering people complain about the many areas PoN has, it makes sense to cut out certain topics. So, I am pleased that this stays the same no matter what! I think PoN can become much more if it gains the support from other fans.

You said it already, community it really is. There is a strong togetherness here and that is good, I would also praise the support and informative efforts which PoN makes.

• Like 6

After being involved with 'A Pie and Pint' website, I needed a new home and found PoN after realising how poor another website was. I needed a new home and found one!

By far and away it has to be the PoN meet-up where we hired the executive box for the day. Great atmosphere and it was just like meeting old friends who I've not seen for a while. We are a friendly bunch. Honestly!

It has grown enormously since I joined. It has gone from strength to strength. I am also lucky enough to be involved with a few of the changes coming in the next few months and hopefully it will push PoN onto the next level. Bring it on!

Friendship, respect and informative. The aim of a website such as this has to be keeping all fans involved. Some fans prefer forums such as this, others prefer more media based content such as the interviews or photographs, some prefer to link with the Facebook version of PoN. All in all I think the site does a damn fine job or keeping all the fans in the loop and interested in what is, at the end of the day, a shared passion for Notts County FC.

• Like 7

To interact more with like minded Notts fans

A starring role in Joes video

A lot, new faces popping up regularly

Integrity

Respect

Chris

People are friendly and non judgemental, any opinion is allowed and appraised. Banter flows well but all views are respected, a nice place to be.

Chris's contribution is huge and I'm sure he puts plenty of hours into it, especially on social media. Match days and midweek.

Regards Al

You Pies!

• Like 5

Wanted to chat with like minded Notts / football fans, joined the site after having a look around one night and quickly realised that this is the place to be for any true football fan / decent person.

Sometimes we disagree, sometimes close to the edge but never over it, like all decent people would in the real world. Conversations like these inspire people to get more involved and to contribute.

For me it's the banter, there is a real togetherness within this community which I feel is one of the biggest attractions for new members to contribute and lets not forget, we have our own criminality list, with Michael (@hissingdwarf), Thomas (@PTID1862), Barry (@tonyhateley), the deep heat crew (@super_ram & @GrannyPie)

During my short time I have seen massive growth with new members joining at a relentless pace, the vast majority join in straight away and contribute some excellent posts / points of view.

Our lad in the background deserves the biggest amount of credit for this, his dedication and bloody mindedness in the face of the abhorrent behaviour he has had to put up with should be the yard stick by which we all judge ourselves.

Honesty - People feel free to post whatever is on there mind in the knowledge that whilst others may not agree with them there opinion will be accepted.

Laughter - How many times have you read this site and burst out laughing?

Diversity - How many other fans websites can boast such members like we do, we accept that some members have very vivid dreams and even @DangerousSausage is getting in on the spandex dream, @PTID1862 you are winning more fans over everyday......

• Like 7

A friend recommend the site to me and suggested I should join, I have followed PON on FB for ages and love it. Yet the site is just as good, if not better because it takes a way any cluttered views, its balanced here.

Hopefully to be taken on as a possible writer!

The FB just grew in hundreds at a time, I read the sites content but I can't say I had seen it grow really.

Its not just a football site, its a community, fans oriented and its now home, at least it is for my browser.

• Like 6

Supporter+

I'm a big fan of forums and I didn't like another Notts forum that I had joined so when I found this one in its early days it was like coming home and I got a friendly welcome from the residents which at the time were mainly Joe's family.

When @notts-joe asked me to be a moderator and help build the community. More recently the PoN team hired an executive box for one of the matches, it was a great day and I met people I had only spoke to online and found they were as friendly off line as they are online.

As I have said when I joined there were very few regular posters and they were mainly Joe's family, since then it has grown enormously and to see new members joining on a daily basis and the posts increasing is really fantastic.

1. Respect - its what I love most about the community, there are no arguments or trolls causing trouble, we may disagree with anothers point of view but we respect it.

2. Community - There is a strong community feel about the site, we have very young members and very old members (eh @super_ram?) but all are welcome and can feel comfortable being here. There is lots of good natured banter but no one goes over the top, we have a good laugh.

3. Quality - I love the layout of the site and the fact that for me it is very user friendly, it looks professional and clean cut. A lot of hard work is put into the site mainly by @notts-joe and it certainly shows.

Edited by tonyhateley
  • Like 6

It was during yet another period of vitriol on another site, and death threats being allegedly sent to the Chairman and family members...when I decided I didn't want to put up with that anymore... I was I don't quite know how to put this... dragged? Told to come here? it was suggested? who knows but however we choose to describe it, I thank Elaine very much for bringing me here.

Can I only pick one? Crikey.... ermmmmmm.... The Gathering will be a day to remember for a while I guess, and for all the right reasons... being voted MOTM twice.... Blogging here and how much people like it, look forward to it.... the way views and opinions matter and are accepted and discussed....There that is my one main highlight.... we are a community!

The growth has been Immense even in the short time I have been here, I mean 17-18 months is a short time right? Things will go from strength to strength, I think the biggest way to assess how quickly the site had grown was during a period of absence... wow, we suddenly had all these new folks!

Discipline, Austerity, Zero hours contracts..... NO,NO, NO! Sorry that was for another piece I am writing....

1. Community - It is what we are, how we are, and what we will continue to be!

2. Respect - oh and sneakily Tolerance... There are differing views that are not just accepted, but here they are sought out... and we tolerate dodgy weather forecasters, Walruses, heck we even have a tree-hugger.

3. Comedy - I mean with the characters on here, what can you say? Eh?

Edited by PTID1862
  • Like 4

Why did you join prideofnottingham.co.uk ?

I used to enjoy when @super_ram  read out the posts and he suggested I join in.I have difficulty using the keyboard due to arthritis so I dictate my posts to him.I'm a Notts fan and also @notts-joe's mother, so it seemed like a very good idea to join in the fun.

What is your main highlight of being a member ?

I really enjoy the lighthearted banter,reading about what members have been up to,the prediction league,blogs, articles and of course being kept up to date with Notts

How much have you seen PoN grow  during your time ?

Tremendously,especially the last year and with such a diversity of interests.

As a community what would you say are the three core values to PoN and why ?

Friendliness,informative and entertaining.

• Like 6

I was more or less press ganged into joining by notts-joe, who just happens to be my son.(Does that make me the father of PoN ?) I have mentioned before that I was a bit reluctant at first(a Derby County fan on a Nottingham site ?) but Notts are my second team and this site is on the right side of the Trent so here I am and you'll have to put up with me.

The PoN get together for the Port Vale game and getting to know, first hand ,a few of our daft bunch.

Reading all the articles,blogs and posts on the forum and sharing all the ups and downs we football fans endure.

The community spirit, banter and togetherness.

How much have you seen PoN grow during your time ?

From a hand full of posts per week by mostly close family members.Now I'm disappointed if we don't make at least 50 posts a day.

From a new member joining very occasionally to several new members almost daily.

I'll just say this-We are a group of  fairminded, tolerant,amusing and entertaining individuals.

We are more than just a Notts County fan site. We are a site where anyone is made to feel welcome whatever team they support,their political view,religious beliefs ,sex or age

.We are a site where any topic can be discussed openly and without fear of being abused

We are The Pride of Nottingham!

Edited by super_ram
  • Like 4

I used to enjoy when @super_ram  read out the posts and he suggested I join in.I have difficulty using the keyboard due to arthritis so I dictate my posts to him.I'm a Notts fan and also @notts-joe's mother, so it seemed like a very good idea to join in the fun.

I really enjoy the lighthearted banter,reading about what members have been up to,the prediction league,blogs, articles and of course being kept up to date with Notts

How much have you seen PoN grow  during your time ?

Tremendously,especially the last year and with such a diversity of interests.

Friendliness,informative and entertaining.

As a way of giving @super_ram a break maybe you could invest in a microphone headset. I'm sure Notts Joe will know how to download Dragon speaking. They actually do work and are fantastic for those with difficulties typing. We brought a £15 headset with microphone built-in, downloaded Dragon for Ben. So far he's not used it as the thought struck me if he uses that as his crutch he'll never make progress with his wrist and finger muscles.

I used it years ago when typing up teaching reports. On the whole rubbish.

I tried the latest version a few months back and was amazed. After half an hour training it to your voice it was 100% accurate. It is also great to use as a replacement mouse as it will act on your commands e.g. left click Google chrome. Open bookmark etc...

If Joe doesn't know where to get it give me a shout and I'll get you a copy if you want to try it.

• Like 3

I'm going to leave this open until about 7pm.

I will also ask several people to head over to vote for the winner, so that it gives people a fair chance. The folks I already mentioned this too, agreed about helping make sure it's fair so it should be interesting.

• Like 1

As a way of giving @super_ram a break maybe you could invest in a microphone headset. I'm sure Notts Joe will know how to download Dragon speaking. They actually do work and are fantastic for those with difficulties typing. We brought a £15 headset with microphone built-in, downloaded Dragon for Ben. So far he's not used it as the thought struck me if he uses that as his crutch he'll never make progress with his wrist and finger muscles.

I tried the latest version a few months back and was amazed. After half an hour training it to your voice it was 100% accurate. It is also great to use as a replacement mouse as it will act on your commands e.g. left click Google chrome. Open bookmark etc...

If Joe doesn't know where to get it give me a shout and I'll get you a copy if you want to try it.

Thanks very much for thinking about me @hissingdwarf  but I leave the laptop to super.I'll let him explain later.It was a kind thought though.

Thanks for thinking of us @hissingdwarf.I usually sign in for granny and read through all the topics that have been posted since our last visit.She tells me if or what she wants to post.She usually gets on with her crafting or whatever while I post for her. As with your Ben this helps her with her fingers and I make the posts quicker than she would.When I log on for myself I just go to the new content and post for myself having already updated myself with granny..Your suggestion is something for us to bear in mind though and many thanks for that. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Congratulations  to @DangerousSausage from one of the disadvantaged members. :thumbsup:

Congratulations @dangeroussaussge :)

I just wanted to say, as an exile fan who lives in the states. PON has put me back in contact with a much missed part of my life and since I have arrived I have treated like I have been here for many months already. The site is well ran, its cared for and its a smashing place to be! With the news only coming from online sources, I find it almost hard to grasp the current situation but PON changes that.

It puts me in contact with fans who share their views and respect others. I joined on assumption the site was as well ran as the Facebook page. I wasn't wrong!

Credit to Notts Joe, this will not be an easy take but he is the right man. Well done also to the team members who support the site. Its very enjoyable here and long nay thus continue.

• Like 2